Did you mean: 

Plan

Kurtsteinhauser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I replace my chip and still keep my contracr going

30 REPLIES 30

taff

Thanks for all the help and advice, everything is now working, turned out to be a phone issue

@CannonFodder wrote:

@computergeek541  I suggest you check the OP's profile, and look at the threads he's started and/or posted in - there's 6 of 'em, all askin' pretty much the same thing..... 🙄 

Thanks

In addition to the few threads that were already merged, I have also merged a few more into this one.

@computergeek541  I suggest you check the OP's profile, and look at the threads he's started and/or posted in - there's 6 of 'em, all askin' pretty much the same thing..... 🙄 

@Kurtsteinhauser wrote:

Have new chip in phone why is my public mobile phone. Not working yet

Are you a new customer or just switching to a new sim card?  What's your phone model?  Ensure that it has UMTS 1900 and 850.

@Kurtsteinhauser 

Green arrow on pic below.

Screenshot_20200224_194920.jpg

Kurtsteinhauser

Have chip and active paid for plan need to change the sim chip that's it

Kurtsteinhauser

Have new chip in phone why is my public mobile phone. Not working yet

@Jb456 Done, thanks

Do you mean you have a new sim card and you would like to attach it to your account to replace your old sim card?

If so

Log into your account and click "change sim card". Green arrow on picture below.

Screenshot_20200224_194920.jpg

@Kurtsteinhauser  do it from within your self service account place.  There's an option to change SIM there. Why are you swapping your SIM? 

@Kurtsteinhauser wrote:

Sim swap

@Kurtsteinhauser wrote:

Sim swap

@Kurtsteinhauser  Haven't you already asked that question earlier today and been given suggestions by several community members.  You just need to follow the advice given earlier to swap your SIM.  Good luck!

Kurtsteinhauser

Sim swap

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Kurtsteinhauser  You mean you want to replace your SIM? If so, simply log into your account, and use the function to change the SIM. Not having done that, I'd have to log into my account just to see exactly where that's located, but I'm sure someone else here will post a pic or two.

@Kurtsteinhauser 

Login to your selfserve

Go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/ 

And put the new sim

Pls remove your number

Note if you also don't have access to your selfserve you will have to contact moderators and price that you are the owner https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Kurtsteinhauser

Need to replace sim

Kurtsteinhauser

@popping wrote:

Oracle, please merge the following thread with this thread as the OP is asking for the same help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Help/m-p/511585

@poppingdone and @dabr  edited phone number as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Oracles @ShawnC13 or @Luddite if you are around can you edit OP's number from his post?  Thanks.

@Kurtsteinhauser 

Login to your selfserve

Go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/ 

And put the new sim

Pls remove your number

Note if you also don't have access to your selfserve you will have to contact moderators and price that you are the owner https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Oracle, please merge the following thread with this thread as the OP is asking for the same help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Help/m-p/511585

@Kurtsteinhauser wrote:

I currently have a plan activated through Public Mobile someone stole my sim chip I currently have a new sim chip I want to activate sim chip to my plan my number is 778xxxxx I like to be activated to that number please thank you

@Kurtsteinhauser  First delete your number from this post by using the 3 dots top right of your post and editing.  You are on a public forum and your number is visible to everyone here.

Then log into your account and select Plans/Add-ons tab, then Change SIM and follow the prompts.  Log out and reboot your phone.

Kurtsteinhauser

I currently have a plan activated through Public Mobile someone stole my sim chip I currently have a new sim chip I want to activate sim chip to my plan my number is 7**-***-***3 I like to be activated to that number please thank you

Edited by ShawnC13: Removed phone number

popping

@Kurtsteinhauser wrote:

I I want the new sim chip I have purchased to be activated to the plan that I have purchased in have activated right now someone steals your chip think if you should be able to buy another chip  have it replace and activated to your plan immediately once a plan has bin set up through the same provider

Are you saying someone stole your SIM card?

If yes, you are asking "can you buy another SIM card to replace the one which was stolen?"

If yes, you can buy a new SIM card to replace the one registered on your account.

Please confirm whether I understand what your are trying to say.

Please put punctuation to separate sentences which will make it easy to understand what you are trying to say.

srlawren

@Kurtsteinhauser wrote:

but then somebody had seen to store my sim chip

@Kurtsteinhauser can you pleae elaborate a bit more about this?  I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate by this piece I've quoted.  I think this might be an important detail to your situation but want to confirm what the issue is that lead you to getting a new SIM card.

That aside, you can indeed easily change your registered SIM card by signing into your self-serve account (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/). Once you sign in, click on "Plan and Add-ons" in the black tab strip at the top, and then "Change SIM Card" in the light green strip below.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Kurtsteinhauser Don't worry, you can transfer your old number to your new SIM through self-service account.

Kurtsteinhauser

I I want the new sim chip I have purchased to be activated to the plan that I have purchased in have activated right now someone steals your chip think if you should be able to buy another chip  have it replace and activated to your plan immediately once a plan has bin set up through the same provider

You can keep your phone# just log into your self serve account and click on change sim.

you can change the SIM card number on your account and reactivate your service via Self-Serve by fol...

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

image2

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card, as outlined in the image below:

Help Articles Sim Card Back

Kurtsteinhauser

K I recently was introduced to the new public mobile phone carrier company which at first seemed alright at first everything seemed to be going trying I was really impressed with the client but then somebody had seen to store my sim chip so I bought a new sim chip replaced date but now to get my current number which I have a plan activated try not to laugh impossible

Need Help? Let's chat.