cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my phone number if I am not able to log into my account?

ninatravers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

- I ordered a sim in the mail and activated it online. so I created my self-serve account. then I forgot my phone number so I tried to log in.

- Apparently, my password was wrong. so I tried a few times then decided to reset my password.

- When I would enter my email to send the password reset it kept saying that the two entries were not the same. but I asked everyone in my family and checked so many times and they were exactly the same.

- today I tried to login and it locked me out. so I spoke to the robot chat and he said I can submit a "ticket". 

- in order to submit a ticket, I need to know my phone number. which I dont know. 

How do I find my phone number if I am not able to log into my account?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ninatravers 

You're probably gone but...thanks for the solution. It would be helpful for others if you indicated which idea worked for you.

@ninatravers these 3 things to reset your service.  Try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

3. Try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

If these work, use @Anonymous 's answer to find your phone number. If they don't can you contact someone that has your phone number explain your situation and ask them for it. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ninatravers wrote:

I have an acatel one touch. 

Do you have a more specific model number? Is it the flip or just flat screen?

ninatravers

I have an acatel one touch. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ninatravers wrote:

My phone doesnt have service. for some reason it is not working on my phone

So you activated your SIM online which sets up the self-serve account. Did it all seem to be successful?

If you used a payment card, did it take the payment?

Is your phone unlocked and compatible?

Did you insert the SIM into the phone?

Can you dial 611 with the SIM in the phone and on?

If you have another phone at hand can you insert the SIM in that one to see if the service works?

ninatravers

My phone doesnt have service. for some reason it is not working on my phone

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What's your specific phone model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ninatravers 

I'm not sure this is a serious question. Or you're going to slap your forehead like d'oh. 🙂

1. Call someone and their caller id will show your number.

2. Look in your phone settings like About phone and somewhere in there should be the phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.