cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD NEWS - move # between accounts cancelled

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Have had official confirmation that the workaround to move a number from 1 PM account to another has been cancelled. PM management (aka Telus) has told the moderators to no longer do this for us.  Robot Mad

It is only this moderator intervention that has been cancelled (so far); until something is cancelled always err on the side of asking before giving up.  “Hope for the best, while planning for the worst” if you want their assistance for anything but payments, suspensions, or activation.

If you still wish to have someone take over one of your PM accounts you must be willing to give up your number. Someone else can always, of course, take over and use your number/account, or port-in a different number.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
4 REPLIES 4

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

At least we have a clear statement from PM now. 😞

Looks like some higher-ups prefer those fall 2016 promo plans being canceled if a holder upgraded to the 10GB promo on the weekend, banking on the effect of "I've had this number for 20 years, I want to keep it."

I assume it would be technically possible to have the PM to PM porting process on the same automated base as porting from another provider - why else would they have initially created that button? Ah, right, that would actually require that self serve portal, properly developed from scratch, I've been dreaming about.... Dear Santa....

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

Thanks for the update.   Smiley Mad  I promise not to harm the messenger. 

Normally I'd make no such promose, but I'm still deathly afraid of Ralph.  @Luddite, I guess you're safe!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RohanRon_ON
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Darn, this seems more like a management decision to bring cost efficiencies but in the long run could hurt their own customers if families ever wish to combine phone numbers all in one account or for whatever other reason.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the update.   Smiley Mad  I promise not to harm the messenger. 

Need Help? Let's chat.