cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting extra refer-a-friend rewards for no reason

SK39
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I keep getting extra refer-a-friend rewards without actually referring anyone. I have referred two friends using my code but that was sometime ago. Out of nowhere last week I got a text about about a new one. To which I never referred anyone since the first two. Then today another text saying I referred someone again but again I didn't. No problems with the original two and they both haven't changed anything or given the code to anyone else. Just wondering what is going on? 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

@mandybains777 wrote:

It’s okay you are getting more $$ off of your bill 

That's usually no longer the case. A fix was previously implemented to remove these fictitious referrals. These fake referrals still happen, but the $1 reward for each is removed by the next day. Unless that extra reward is still shown at the time of renewal, no extra discount will be received. 

mandybains777

It’s okay you are getting more $$ off of your bill 

SK39

Ok awesome thanks. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@SK39 wrote:

Hello,

I keep getting extra refer-a-friend rewards without actually referring anyone. I have referred two friends using my code but that was sometime ago. Out of nowhere last week I got a text about about a new one. To which I never referred anyone since the first two. Then today another text saying I referred someone again but again I didn't. No problems with the original two and they both haven't changed anything or given the code to anyone else. Just wondering what is going on? 

Thanks 

These are phantom referrals. A bug in the system. PM is looking into it.

See this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Cha-Ching-text/m-p/617462#M17950

Need Help? Let's chat.