cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boounga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have no cell service at home and wifi calling would be great! When are we getting this? I see telus just enabled it.

Thanks

7 Comments
Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

I haven't heard if pm bringing WiFi calling 

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I was on Fido previously and they had both Wifi calling and VoLTE. Works quite splendidly, so hope they would implement it soon. The recent iOS update bought wifi calling to many carriers and I see that PM was updated to 28.0 but still no new features.
will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I suspect that Public Mobile will respond with not for us.  This is a discount flanker brand.  They can't steal business from Telus which sells the "premium" features.  If you need wifi calling, just install a calling app and use wifi to call.  My favorite go to app is hangouts.  It is capable of using your cellular number for call display so your recipient knows who it is from.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I love the service from PM & happy with it as it is, if they do want to differentiate it from Telus. Telus does have other full service aspects to differentiate such as a call centre, subsidised phones & other main brand 'features'.    I usually only get 1 bar at home & occassionally it drops - so count me in as vote to add/ try VoLTE.

casperr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I dont see any reasons why Telus won't allow PM to have access to this. Telus makes money from PM subscribers because they do not pay a lot of money for having customer service to take calls. This model is basically all online with a few moderators to pay. 

ThePhoneWiz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

WiFi Calling and Vo-LTE are the two things hopefully comes to public mobile. Which are two small feature that won't make a consumer switch to telus anyways, so why not give it to us.

Status changed to: Not for us
Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Need Help? Let's chat.