cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckndr47
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

First of all kudos to PM for such an amazing service, really like the model on how we are engaging the community/customers and driving the plans and improvement based on their feedback. 

Got an idea, sorry in advance if it was posted before:

Now that we are growing, would love to see "US Roaming" optionthere are many ways i could be worked out, for example with Rogers i use to pay $5/day with same plan. 

Thanks for reading!

5 Comments
makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

That Idea, I already posted last year, believe me, PM is certainly loving feedback like this, and who knows what they may be cooking up back in the Lab, lol

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, @makkahn28 did indeed propose this previously, but I think it kind of got lost in with all the other stuff in the posting:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Offer-some-longer-term-cycles-and-perhaps-o....

I do think US Roaming would be a great idea.  The Rogers "roam like home" and similar plans from Fido, Telus, etc., since they charge you for your usage in on your next post-paid bill.  

However, there's no reason PM couldn't offer these as a per-day add-on, similar to the model that Roam Mobility uses, but without the need for an extra SIM and with the benefit of using your own phone number, and simplicity.  They could offer up an add-on that you would purchase in a block of 1 or more days, with a specific start and end date, for $x/day.  Like with Roam Mobility, I purchase unlimited talk (calls to Canada and the US), unlimited text (international), and 500MB of LTE data for $4.95 Canadian per day plus tax.  You go on, tell it your start day and time, total number of days, and your plan choice (for PM, I'd keep it simple and just offer something nearly identical to the RM plan I mention, but for maybe $5.99 a day isntead of $4.99--it would be worth the extra $1 or even $2 per day vs. RM for the convenience).  I think this would be a great idea!

Status changed to: Yes, but not yet
Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ckndr47,

Your idea is accepted and will be available in November! Check out the full scoop

here

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brooke_C this could be set to idea completed, no?

Status changed to: Idea completed
Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ckndr47

Great news! US Roaming is available. Check out the Community Announcement HERE.

Need Help? Let's chat.