cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaVibe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My girlfriend received a text message that she was at 75% of her data.

I've read on here that besides this message, there will also be one at 95%

She was then concerned that she'd go over her data for the month and said she'd stop using high consuming apps.  I on the other hand, wanted to say no, go ahead, we will have to monitor your data.

Other than signing in and reading what the data was at (not sure if that's in real-time?), I couldn't find any place to set a data reminder, set by the user themselves.  So for example, going into our profiles, where it would ask "Would you like a data reminder?" where you can say yes and select which reminder you want, where in this case, you would select 75% to get that one).

So, for us, I would probably set a 75/80/85/90/95/99

The more the better!

11 Comments
zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Their are a third party apps that can monitor your data and they do support multiple notifications. Like my data manager on android ; and I do believe they have an iOS version as well.

Also one of the community members did design an app as well I will get the info in moments

Edit: here 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/IWIK-s-quot-Data-Witness-quot-for-Andr...

Credits to @srlawren for the great post.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle
The datawitness app is specifically designed for a 30/90 day plan cycle. You can customize reminders on the app.
CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

My data manager is a great one i use, and i monitors invididual app usage as well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @zhadj030!

Data Witness is nice because it was built by community member @IWIK and he shares it freely with us out of kindness and kinship!  I haven't tried My Data Manager but I know it's also popular. It probably has more features and polish than DW.  I think it's also available on both Android and iPhone, meaning it's available to a broader audience than DW.  

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong @DaVibe.  Check out both and decide what you think will work best for yourself.  🙂

DaVibe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lots to try!  Thanks everyone

srlawren

Have fun, @DaVibe!

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just PM me if you want a code for Data Witness!!

mimmo

I love data witness. great app. it will tell you if you go over your daily budjet of data and forecasts your estimated total usage for the current period (30/90 days)

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@DaVibe "She was then concerned that she'd go over her data for the month and said she'd stop using high consuming apps."

Going over is NOT possible. When data runs out, the phone's cellular data just stops working. At PM there is never an overage charge for data. The only possible "overage" is inadvertent, or incorrect, long distance add-on usage; but again it just stops when it has run out of minutes.

srlawren

Excellent point, @Luddite

Need Help? Let's chat.