cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoderAndrew
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When selecting a plan it should be made more clear that if you select a 90 day plan with 6GB of data, it should be made very clear to the end user that the 6GB is for the course of 90 days and does not replenish itself every 30 days.

36 Comments
Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you choose a 90 day plan and you sellect 6 gb of data then it should be self explanitory that the data is for 90 days.

CoderAndrew

It really isn't. In fact myself and several coworkers were looking at the plans and considering moving over because when you select a 90 plan with 6GB of data, the assumption we made is the pricing got lower because you were paying for 3 months up front and that the allotment would be every 30 days and not 6GB/90 days.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I personally believe it is clear, if the plan was "replenishing" every 30 days, it would be a 30 day plan and not a 90 day plan.

In the same sense Public offers 30 day plans and 10 day plans and the data doesn't reset itself every 10 days in a 30 day plan.

CoderAndrew

You guys are probably right.

I only made the suggestion because myself and a few others in my office all thought the same thing. It's likely that a broader set of people understand that the data is over the speicifed period and not every 30 days.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

To add to what others have said, there is nothing in the 90-day plan builder that references 30 days, so why introduce it as a factor? Using the same reasoning, one could argue that the data allotment is for 10 days, to be repeated 9 times within a 90-day plan. Neither 10 nor 30 days was mentioned, and are therefore non-factors.

CoderAndrew

All I'm saying is myself and serveral other people misinterpreted the meaning behind the 90 day plans also after looking through the forums there are a couple threads there asking for clarification too.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Although it should be self explanatory given the fact that there is a separate monthly plan and a ten-day plan, we still had many questions on the community pages from people seeking clarifications on this.  

The consumers tend to associate plans to a monthly cycle due to the prevailing norm of the market in general.  While people get used to this new plan, it wouldn't hurt to put in a sentence on the plans page to point out that the data you buy on a 90-day pass is indeed for the duration of 90 days.  Or some generic description of the 90-day plan which states that this plan replinishes every 90 days, everything included in this plan is for 90 days duration.  

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have no problem, but If it is a problem for some people then maybe the headings can be changed to reflect total days when you change the length of service of the plans

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes I also initially thoguht it was a monthly amount.  It's only the data that is a question becasue talk and text are both unlimited amounts over the 10/30/90 days. 

It was only as I read around these forums while waiting for my SIM that I discovered a thread asking for that clarification that I thought about it and realized it was a 90-day allotment. 

At the same time, it would also be nice to have a "9GB" option between the 6 and 12 GB currently available for 90 days.  My old plan with Telus had 3GB a month.  I charted out my usage and averaged it out over 3-month windows, and althrough there were months I used between 2 and 3 gb, I only once or twice exceeded 6GB over a 3-month sliding window.  So I went with that option, and will top up if needed.  But a 9GB option would be perfect for someone like myself.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@CoderAndrew, Like other have said, you are signing up for a 90 day Plan so why would any one even assume data is for 30 days.
Need Help? Let's chat.