cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong plan activated by Walmart

DPC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased a new SIM and activated my account on the $15/month plan. I was expecting to be on the promo plan which includes unlimited text (including MMS or picture messaging), 100minutes of outbound calling and unlimited incomming calls. With AutoPay, this plan should also include 250MB of data monthly. My monthly data usage will be limted to device location, so I expect I'll be able to get by. 

However I currently seem to be on a $15/month non-promo plan which does NOT include MMS or picture messaging. Each MMS i have sent/received to now has resulted in a 1MB data charge and my overall consumption has dropped by this amount. I have a data manager turned on and the ONLY app currently allowed to use cellular data is the Messaging app. 

I see and understand that I can change plans online, but this will require a delay of an entire billing cycle. I would like this to start now as I will be needing this phone for MMS mesaging (to be used for a group chat) before the 1 month. 

Is there a way to have this corrected? 

10 REPLIES 10

BobLin

Check this link with entering "V5C3Z2" 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

You will find over 25 location of PM stores in Greater Vancouver , BC 

@BobLin wrote:

Since I am working in PM retail Store now.

The "Wrong (or changing) activation plan " most of the time is because customer changing they mind. At this moment, PM system does have good solution that will careat a lot of trouble in between the customer and store representive during new account activation. 

Unlikely, unless you’re at the bicycle kiosk, as PM doesn’t have retail Brock &mortar locations. The retail interface doesn’t have the ability to make changes to allow for customer changes on an activation.  All changes must be applied on the system via the moderator_team.  It is no different as if I make a mistake from my sofa at home.

BobLin

Since I am working in PM retail Store now.

The "Wrong (or changing) activation plan " most of the time is because customer changing they mind. At this moment, PM system does have good solution that will careat a lot of trouble in between the customer and store representive during new account activation. 

@BobLin wrote:

PM system shall be improved to deal with this kind of issue automatically.

I have been working with some for other prepiad carrier dealer store for a couple of years 

Here is summery what they did:

1. 100% refund credit for changing a plan to another plan

in a couple of hours that the plan just activated (Does matter it is upgrade plan or downgrade plan. 

2. xx% (system will calculated the precent tage )refund credit for changing plan before due. But it only give refund out for upgrade plan( from one plan to higher price plan).

3. 0% refund credit for anytime changing plan before due. if the plan chnage to low price plan.

@BobLin  Not going to happen. Smiley Frustrated PM likes aged,antiques and patina not new.

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BobLin wrote:

I have been working with some for other prepiad carrier dealer store for a couple of years 

in a couple of hours that the plan just activated (Does matter it is upgrade plan or downgrade plan. 

2. xx% (system will calculated the precent tage )refund credit for changing plan before due. But it only give refund out for upgrade plan( from one plan to higher price plan).

3. 0% refund credit for anytime changing plan before due. if the plan chnage to low price plan.

It's not how to do. It's whether to do or not. Guess PM decided not to.

BobLin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic  & @cavemantoronto  - If the OP is on the $15 plan, then he/she is on the right plan.  There is no other 15 plan.  There might be nothing wrong (other than the usage not showing correctly), or there might be a small account level glitch.  However I am pretty sure that the plan is the correct one. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DPC  - MMS is always included if you have texting in your plan.  There is no option to have MMS in a plan.  That said, If you are using iMessage, or some other data based messaging app, it will always use data.  If you are on Android (for example), and are using the stock messaging app, it should not use up any data.  I suggest you monito it for a few days, and if your data usage is truly tracking/increasing with MMS messages, then I would contact moderator team (via private message), and have them look into it.  If there is a problem, it will get resolved.  Do not worry about it :).  In case you need to...

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@DPC 

You have to send message to https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Do not change plan yourself because it will force payment again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DPC wrote:

I just purchased a new SIM and activated my account on the $15/month plan. I was expecting to be on the promo plan which includes unlimited text (including MMS or picture messaging), 100minutes of outbound calling and unlimited incomming calls. With AutoPay, this plan should also include 250MB of data monthly. My monthly data usage will be limted to device location, so I expect I'll be able to get by. 

However I currently seem to be on a $15/month non-promo plan which does NOT include MMS or picture messaging. Each MMS i have sent/received to now has resulted in a 1MB data charge and my overall consumption has dropped by this amount. I have a data manager turned on and the ONLY app currently allowed to use cellular data is the Messaging app. 

I see and understand that I can change plans online, but this will require a delay of an entire billing cycle. I would like this to start now as I will be needing this phone for MMS mesaging (to be used for a group chat) before the 1 month. 

Is there a way to have this corrected? 

@DPC   The best thing is to ask the moderator if they can switch the plan for you. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.