cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working! "No long distance?"

ilobb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my number and now local calls are saying I no longer have an active long distance plan. I have Canada wide calling so this doesn't make sense. please help.

5 REPLIES 5

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ilobb 

After the message is played, does the call go through?

If yes, then as others mention, try prefixing your call with "1" before the number you are calling, to avoid hearing that message again.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ilobb  As long as the calls connect, there's nothing to worry about. That message occurs to me too on some "local" exchanges but I just ignore it. 

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi - yes put a 1 before the (long distance calls).  I get a message every now and then saying something about long distance, but like you I have Canada Wide and it always goes through and I am never charged for it.  Hope that works for you!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ilobb wrote:

I changed my number and now local calls are saying I no longer have an active long distance plan. I have Canada wide calling so this doesn't make sense. please help.

1.  Restart your phone may fix your problem.

2.  If long distance issue persists after restart, your account may not be proviisoned correctly, adding $1 to your account will trigger PM server to provision your account again.

3. If you still have long distance issue, create a support ticket to ask moderator to fix your issue.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ilobb wrote:

Try putting a 1 in front of the number. As well log into self service and confirm you have a talk plan with minutes.

If you continue to have problems contact a moderator.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work
Need Help? Let's chat.