cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages

codyfitz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have not been receiving text messages on my phone for over 36 hours now. I can still receive calls and send text messages. I believe it is related to a US roaming add on I had that expired around the same time this issue started. I contacted the moderators yesterday, and was told by one of them to try restarting my phone and see if that fixed the issue. Needless to say, it did not resolve the issue, which I told the moderator about last night and still have heard nothing back.

The main reason for me posting this here is in hopes that a different moderator may see this and be able to resolve the issue more quickly. This wasn't as big of a deal over the weekend, but now that it is monday morning and the start of the work week, I need to be able to receive text messages.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hopefully, PM will resolve this issue with texts not being sent after a roaming plan ends. I've learned it's been an issue for a while now. Apparently, it corrects itself after a few days but it is an inconvenience for members.

@amack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@amack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@amack wrote:

I'm having the same issue. First the moderator said it would be fixed in 24 hours, now the estimate is 72 hours. Texting is my main method of communication, so if anyone can fix this faster it would be great. 

It should only be an issue on the day after it expires. The next day it should fix itself.

It hasn't been working since Saturday afternoon, it's now Monday morning. 

On your payment history when does it say you bought the add-on to start?

Is your plan active?

Have you restarted the phone?

I bought the add-on Nov 27, activated on Nov 28. 

My plan is active. 

I have restarted my phone several times. 

Thanks for checking.

Try sendng a text to your phone (or asking a friend to) to see if the issue has fixed itself.

Write back to Moderators and ask if a colleague who is familiar with the expiry of US Roaming Texting Add-on can help take a look.

Btw, Add-Ons are activated once they are purchased and added to your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@amack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@amack wrote:

I'm having the same issue. First the moderator said it would be fixed in 24 hours, now the estimate is 72 hours. Texting is my main method of communication, so if anyone can fix this faster it would be great. 

It should only be an issue on the day after it expires. The next day it should fix itself.

Is your plan active?

My plan is active. 

Well..add-ons don't get activated. They're on when bought. So it expired at the end of the 6th. The next 24 hours it perhaps wouldn't've worked due to this goofy bug. It should have been working Sunday. Alas.

Had you bought any other add-ons in the meantime?

Maybe try manually adding a dollar to your account and restarting again.

amack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@amack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@amack wrote:

Is your plan active?

My plan is active. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amack wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@amack wrote:

Is your plan active?

amack

@Anonymous wrote:

@amack wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amack wrote:

@amack wrote:

@amack that is not acceptable.

Write back and ask if a colleague or another moderator can help take a look.

Also try sendng a text to your phone (or asking a friend) to see if the issue has fixed itself.

amack

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@codyfitz 

There is a known issue when the US Roaming text add-on expires. Public Mobile is working to fix this issue.

It will usually resolve itself within 24 hours.

Try sending a text to your phone now, it should be working by now.

Family member recently had this issue and the Moderator had to try a couple of times to get it going. Got it working the same day, but it took about 6 hours elapsed time. We asked what had to be done for the fix. Moderator didn't elaborate just to say, write or ask for him if it happens again.

@codyfitz 

It is a known glitch in the system, with the US roaming package expiring.  It usually self corrects itself within 24-48 hours.  Moderators should know about this issue and help correct it earlier.  Hopefully, it will either correct itself or moderator will get back to you this morning.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@codyfitz, private messaging is the method of interaction with the moderators for resolving account issues.  Forum posts are for handling non account related stuff that other customers can provide advice on.  That said, the moderators do monitor activity in the forum. 

Need Help? Let's chat.