cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Just got offered a plan for $25 / mo that is unlimited data, canada calling and international tx

@okanagandave wrote:

Will find out some details and post but it's at the superstore cell phone store... not sure of provider just yet.

Knowing the mobile providers represented by The Mobile Shop, inside Superstore.  The unlimited data will be slow speed after using all alloted data for the current billing cycle.

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Just got offered a plan for $25 / mo that is unlimited data, canada calling and international tx

@okanagandave wrote:

Will find out some details and post but it's at the superstore cell phone store... not sure of provider just yet.

Here is PC Mobile offers and there isn't anything like what you listed    https://www.pcmobile.ca/prepaid_offers_promotions.jsp

For $25 it is 250 Canada wide minutes unlimited text and 250 mb of data.  Interested to see what this offer is

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click the "?" in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@DOA wrote:

PC Mobile operates on the Telus network.

Details please!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I suspect this to be a case of not paying attention to the details too closely..... however, I will patiently await the final verdict to be rendered..... 😉 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@okanagandave , Public Mobile doesn't match prices nor I don't think any other provider will. It's a President Choice (aka Superstore) promo. 

By far, Public Mobile has better plans and their different ways in saving more money such as:

• auto-pay ($2 a month),
  • loyalty royalty ($1 to $5 a month after one year to five+ years of staying with PM),
  • referral credit ($1 every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with PM)
  • and most importantly, credit if you hit the magic numbers in the community. If you one of the top 1%, earn $15 off for the month!

I was previously with Telus and Fido, and they had so many different types, but then they got rid of them. And to be honest with you, Public Mobile's community is way cooler! 

PC plan may look enticing, but, you get what you pay for. I guess, you could leave, but like always, people come back to Public Mobile!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Initially I just thought, what is everyone getting excited about...it's likely just Lucky mobiles equivalent of PMs $25 plan by the description and data drops to dead slow once the plans monthly data is used up. But then something about 2Gb LTE then 3G like speeds. I'll believe it when I see it, coukd be a special for a month or more only?

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lol, everybody in this forum is waiting with bated breath 🤣

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@sweden06 wrote:

Lol, everybody in this forum is waiting with bated breath 🤣

Well, not everybody, i.e. while I'm interested, just out of curiosity, I don't really care, because I really don't use mobile data much, because I can't stand surfing on a teeny, weenie screen.

Highlighted
Oracle

If OP cannot show an account loaded with this deal, then it didn't happen.  

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Absolutely happened!  Great deal and switching as we speak.  See your SuperStore mobile kiosk before Jan 31 as that's when the deal ends.  Plan would be $30 / mo but if you give a cc to autopay, they knock $5 off. 

Oh and $20 to activate the account... missed that part