cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: How plans work at Public Mobile?

I still don't know why customers pay 10$ for 30days just to use service before picking plan.
Oracle

@icej33 Nobody but the PM marketing team know the rationale for this fee. Truly, you just have to ignore it and focus on the total cost. If you do only pay the $10 there would NO service at all. Plus you can use add-ons unless you already have a plan; in particular the long distance add-ons will not function without a calling plan.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Mayor / Maire

@icej33 don't forget that if you choose multiple services, you get some or all of that back in the discounts.  If you choose 2 servcies, you get $5 discount per 30 days, so half of the $10 amount.  But, if you choose all 3 services, you get a $20 discount per 30 days, which reimburses you the full $10 plus another $10 on top of that. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having trouble with plan change option on self serve. I deposited voucher into account yesterday so I had 39$ now balance is zero. I do not know why system deducted $ for no service. Thanks

Hi there @icej33

I'm sorry to hear that!

Could you send me your phone number via private message? I will look into this for you Smiley Happy

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Saray_O

Noticed that the chart in @Mansi_G's post at the start of this thread is no longer accurate, it shows the pre-Aug discount not the current ones. Not a big deal, just mentioning it as it is a sticky.

@JaK Oh, you're right Smiley Surprised Thank you for pointing out!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm a new customer and would like to verify plans. Right now I have Unlimited province call and international text.
But I only need unlimited calls and text locally + 6GB data, is that even possible? Thanks
Mayor / Maire

@Thoraze no, it sounds like you are on the best plan for your needs.  There is no "local calling" plans, the smallest is province-wide.  And for texting, you either get all (global texting) or no texting.  So, you are on the most affordable plan that includes what you need.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for clarifying @srlawren