cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash sale: Diwali promotion

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I ran across this pm promotion last night and signed my email up for it. I recieved the confirmation email shortly afterwards. A pretty good deal on the $25 plan to have 2gb of data for the first six month's and if you can use the 750 long distance minutes its even better!

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/SWEETDEALS

Screenshot_20201027-221834.pngScreenshot_20201027-225843.pngScreenshot_20201027-225906.png

6 REPLIES 6

Maybe they were having a Public Mobile signup party because if this promotion 🤣 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20201115_064819.jpg

https://www.iheartradio.ca/cjad/news/police-break-up-diwali-gathering-at-montreal-sikh-temple-1.1395...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@only1utd wrote:

As a public customer would i be able to upgrade my plan and add this promotion offer to my upgrade?

@only1utd 

No. This is for new activations. You can always hold multiple accounts with each one being new when it started. You can always port out losing everything here except your number and then port back to get the promo.

But you can't add these kinds of promos to an existing account.

only1utd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As a public customer would i be able to upgrade my plan and add this promotion offer to my upgrade?

@computergeek541 

I think this kind of promo is a market test of the amount of people who would be happy with a $25/2gb plan and a $35/3.5gb plan. Then as you mentioned what would it take to retain those customers?

@Gunner123 

I have to say im a little surprised at the lack of enthusiasm. It's a good deal for the targeted audience on the aforementioned plans equalling a roundabout $60 savings for the data and '$15 for the long distance. That's a worth a 3 month credit to the $25 plan.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

Thanks for sharing this. However, I would say that good plans are far more important than any temporary bonuses or discounts. After 6 months, a good percentage of people who sign up and take advantage of this offer will simply switch to another carrier for another offer. Without long term and permanent plan offerings, such temporary offerings could even encourage further customer churn.

@computergeek541 i couldn't agree more also you can tell by peoples lack of enthusiasm in this post there doesn't seem to b a lot of interest nice find though @darlicious 😁

Thanks for sharing this. However, I would say that good plans are far more important than any temporary bonuses or discounts. After 6 months, a good percentage of people who sign up and take advantage of this offer will simply switch to another carrier for another offer. Without long term and permanent plan offerings, such temporary offerings could even encourage further customer churn.

Need Help? Let's chat.