cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add-on no longer working

tm1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ran out of data last week, and purchased a 1gb add on on june 28 to get me through to my next billing day. Spent the weekend at home on wifi with one of those days my phone wasnt even turned on, and went to work today to find out my phone has no data again. i tried to check my usage to see if somehow i managed to burn through 1gb of data in 4 days which seems highly unlikely but when i go to the "data and add-on useage" tab all i get is 

"Your Data & Add-On limit will show the total min./MB available on your account at the time of your last Add-On purchase. 

U.S. Roaming Add-Ons expire after 10 days. Any unused data expires at the end of the U.S. Roaming Add-On. Add-Ons that are not U.S. Roaming related do not have expiry dates. Any remaining data or minutes in your Add-On will continue to roll over until they are used up. In-plan data expires at the end of your renewal cycle. It does not roll over to your next 30 or 90-day cycle."

nowhere does it show my actual usage. it is possibe my wifi got turned off but there doesnt even seem to be any way to check how much data ive been using.

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tm1, could it be that you haven't actually purchased the add-on as doing so is a two step process.  Here is the official knowledge base post on add-ons and how to buy them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

Here is a thread with full illustrations of the purchasing process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

If you have actually followed this process and the add-on is not showing on the overview page, then you have use up all the data.  If not, then you probably have funds sitting in the account waiting for step two of add-on purchase to be completed. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@tm1, data usage does show in Self Serve, until all data is consumed, then it magically disappears.  Not helpful at all, but that is what we have here.

Many have suggested a change to this, however with all the other various issues PM has, this is an area that has yet to see any improvement.

Geezer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can check your data usage on your phone through the "Settings", Connections portal and it should show your mobile data usage and your WiFi usage. Each phone will be different but starting at "Settings" is a good place to start. You should also check that you actually did purchase the add-on. If it turns out the addon purchase didn't go through you will have to message a Mod to clear it up.

Need Help? Let's chat.