cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On

Beachft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchaced a $20 add-on yesterday morning for talk, text, and roaming while i am out of the country because the first one expired, it shows I paid but my phone does not work and I am beyond upset right now.   Please what do I do, I honestly wish I had not switched from Virgin.

14 REPLIES 14

@Beachft 

Sorry to hear that you are still having troubles.  

One option is to do an immediate plan change to the $60 plan, with 2 GB US roaming data and unlimited text and calling to USA.  You will lose whatever is remaining in your present plan.  But, that should get your plan going.  You can get moderator to "adjust" things afterwards when they get back to you.  It is a desperate measure, but it seems that it might be worth it.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/60for10GB-3Gspeed

@BeachftSince Public Mobile is prepaid, you can move to another provider (and even return to Virgin) any time you feel like. With Virgin, they might give you a discount for returning to them.

For business use I won't recommned Public Mobile, it is cheap because customer service takes quite a while. You are also expected to know what you are doing and DIY.

Beachft

Yes I see it and that I paid for it and I also sent via a message to this monitor people the copy of my bill showing I paid for it on August 30th I am traveling and I can on use my phone right now when I have free wifi very maddening

@Beachft , I have moved messages about this topic all into this one messages thread for organizational purposes.  I hope that someone's able to come up with the answer that you need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beachft 

Seeing your other thread, maybe you could post screen snips of your overview page and payment history of these recent events.

Blank out personal info of course.

Restart phone, verify connected to AT&T or T-Mobile, turn on any roaming options in phone.

Sometimes even switching from one to the other might get a working connection.

Beachft

Maybe you can help me...I paid for an add on Aug 30th and it has not worked since...I am out of the country have messaged this monitor thing 3 times and asked a million people for help. I am so upset and as if i have time to sit in a chat room and wait for a bunch of people with the same problem as me just complain in a chat room.  I am beyond frustrated and as well i use my phone for business, i own a busine in canada and without my service i paid for i cannot get email, text, calls, as well as send them and my airlin emails and text me my itenerary and updates me of any changes, this is only half of what i need my phone for , i have a few sick family members as well and this is very upsetting and no one will get back to me. Do you have any idae wth i am supposed to do? I am flying again in the am and i am very nervous about not having a phone...JW 

Beachft

Thanks for the reply, I actually cancelled my plan with virgin to use this company because I heard it was good as well as cheaper for the USA calling plan, I can say now, I am really regretting my choice.  Thanks again....

@BeachftThe $60 plan had only been introduced very recently. You might not had noticed it. Public Mobile is very bare bones in its operations. You will probably have a better time upgrading to Koodo, Virgin or Fido, where there are actual staff to help people who need help.

Beachft

Hi & Thanks for the reply....I never saw any such plan until i was in here looking at solutions and wondered why i didnt see that plan. The 10 day was the only option i was offered on the add on page i was on. Good to know.  I still cnannot get my phone to work though, I am so lost here and do not know what to do! It's just crazy that i cannot get any help from this company and if there is help i sure would like some.....i did a screen shot of my bill with the add-on that i puchaced 2 days ago, i have to travel on monday and i am very nervous. When i get home i will be switching back to my rgular cell phone company as I can not afford (mentally) to go through this again.   Much appreciated___JW

@Beachft wrote:

Hi & Thank you, Yes I have done all that you have mentioned.  I purchaced a 10 day before i got here and it expired so yesterday morning i purchaced another 10 day, it shows on my profile that I purchaced it and I still cannot recieve or send text or calls...I am so frustrated and cannot believe that there is no REAL person to talk to about this, my husband talked me into switching to this company, I paid alot of money to get out of my Virgin plan and wow i'm really regretting that! I travel alot and this also happened to me 3 weeks ago when I travelled to New York. I feel like my hand are tied, it's not a good feeling.  

@Beachft If you travel alot to the States then you might want to consider the $60 plan that includes unlimited talk and text for US and Canada and also 2GB of US data per 30 days. This will eliminate the need for US roaming addons.

In order for the addon to work the 10 days end at midnight so after that it should start working.

Beachft

@ Dunkman=====Thank You so much....I am still trying and doing everything over and over to see if anything finally works! I am on that plane agian on Monday and hope it will work by then.  

@Beachft 

That is a frustrating situation.  

Only way to contact PM employee/moderator is via private messaging.  But it is not "live" interaction and there is usually 1-2 day response time.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Maybe try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It seems to reset the SIM card.  This trick has been used to troubleshoot other account issues while waiting for moderator help.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

Beachft

Hi & Thank you, Yes I have done all that you have mentioned.  I purchaced a 10 day before i got here and it expired so yesterday morning i purchaced another 10 day, it shows on my profile that I purchaced it and I still cannot recieve or send text or calls...I am so frustrated and cannot believe that there is no REAL person to talk to about this, my husband talked me into switching to this company, I paid alot of money to get out of my Virgin plan and wow i'm really regretting that! I travel alot and this also happened to me 3 weeks ago when I travelled to New York. I feel like my hand are tied, it's not a good feeling.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Beachft 

Do you see the new purchased add on in your add on section in your overview page?  Sometimes, you have to wait an extra day after the first add on is expired before you can buy the same identical add on.  Glich in the payment system.  You can buy a different US roaming add on immediately though.  

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Toggling airplane mode on and then off.  Manually selecting AT&T  or T mobile carriers.  

Need Help? Let's chat.