cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: phone says no service

@ShaneNelson 

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone.  This help determine whether it is a hardware/phone issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does not work in another phone and my son has public mobile and his works in my phone

Mayor / Maire

@ShaneNelson 

IF you try your old carrier SIM card in the phone, is your old service still working?  

Might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

2.  Manually add $1 into your balance. 
These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account. 

Inhave tried both one and two

will try old sim card

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was going to suggest same as dunkman.

Click plans and add-on.

Click lost/stolen phone

Click suspend account

Power down iPhone and pull out sim card.

Wait 15/20 minutes.

Go back to self serve remove suspension that you found your phone..

Put sim back in, turn it on and see if anything works after that

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I see you posted you already tried those things.

You'd have to open a ticket for moderators to investigate and resolve the issue.Simon.JPG

The only other thing I could think ok happened to someone else today.mthey locked their iphone and it was not working "no service"....cause apparently with iPhones you have to plug it into iTunes for the phone to update.... after they did that phone worked if you want to try plugging it into ITUNES maybe we will be successful otherwise moderators will have to help you. 

Old sim card does not work....

will try itunes i guess i didnt have to do that for my sons phone though, maybe a sim issue but would have to buy a new one. I have put in a ticket but seems to take forwver to hear back Smiley Sad

Mayor / Maire

@ShaneNelson 

@ShaneNelson wrote:

Old sim card does not work....

will try itunes i guess i didnt have to do that for my sons phone though, maybe a sim issue but would have to buy a new one. I have put in a ticket but seems to take forwver to hear back Smiley Sad

Sim cards rarely go bad.  If the itunes does not work, unfortunately, you will need to wait for moderator.  

Tried the lost phone scenario that still didn’t work this morning 611 still tells me I don’t have calling or texting yet my account says I do and I’ve been waiting over 24 hours for a mediator

Highlighted

Been without a phone for two days is there anything else I can do