cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim old #

Dancarlos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am a brain injury survivor and this has been 9 days and counting of no phone i cant stress how much this has affected my hummble world i want to put my new phone and new sim 89122300002******* on to my p.m.acct.with phone # 25088****wich is in good standing and pre paid for this month i would realy like to start the prepaid month once my phone is working . please help or help find some one whom can INEED MY PHONE TO WORK 

9 REPLIES 9

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dancarlos If you CAN log in to your self-serve account. Click the Change Sim Card link as shown in the screenshot below. From there you should be able to enter the SIM card number and get your phone working.

PMScreenshot.png

GreatCanadian

@Alex888 wrote:

I think you need to explain your problem better. As I said above, if you got a new phone and SIM you should be able to go into your account and change the SIM number and put the new SIM in your new phone, your phone number will still be attached to your account and will not change.

He has explained the problem clearly. Lost phone. Purchased new phone and SIM. Trying to get new phone working.

@Dancarlos Let's get you up and running here. I'll start with 2 questions:

1. Can you log in to your self-serve account
  2. Where did you buy your new phone (just trying to be sure it's an unlocked phone)

GC

I think you need to explain your problem better. As I said above, if you got a new phone and SIM you should be able to go into your account and change the SIM number and put the new SIM in your new phone, your phone number will still be attached to your account and will not change.

Psygineer

@Dancarlos wrote:

I LOSS MY PHONE THEN WENT AND BOUGHT A NEW ONE AND NEW SIM  AS A REPLACEMENT I AM PAYING $$ON A ACCT. WITH NO PHONE I DONT KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE MY PROBLEM I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR 9 DAYS AND ITS LIKE IM ON MARS NOBODY GETS IT HAS NOONE EVER LOSS A PHONE ON A GOOD ACCT. AND REPLACED THE PHONE AND KEPT THE SAME # ???IT DRIVEING ME CRAZZZYER THAN I AL;L READY AM

I understand now. Log into your Self Serve (My Account on upper right). Click on Plan and Addon, then click Change SIM Card. Once you are there you can input your new SIM number and your service will port over to the new SIM. That SIM will then work in your replacement phone.

Dancarlos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I LOSS MY PHONE THEN WENT AND BOUGHT A NEW ONE AND NEW SIM  AS A REPLACEMENT I AM PAYING $$ON A ACCT. WITH NO PHONE I DONT KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE MY PROBLEM I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR 9 DAYS AND ITS LIKE IM ON MARS NOBODY GETS IT HAS NOONE EVER LOSS A PHONE ON A GOOD ACCT. AND REPLACED THE PHONE AND KEPT THE SAME # ???IT DRIVEING ME CRAZZZYER THAN I AL;L READY AM

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to change the SIM card number in your account.  Go to My Account --> Log  In, on the bottom right hand side there is an option to Change SIM Card, click that and enter your new number, then restart your phone. Nothing else in your acount will change and your phone number will remain the same.

If you can't access your account or it won't accept the new card you may need to contact a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Psygineer

Don't post your info publically on the forums. Anyone who visits can see your info. You should send a private message to the moderators. They should be able to help you. 

I'm not quite sure I followed your issue. If you go into your Self-Serve account (assuming you made one) you should be able to add your SIM there and port your phone number (assuming your old account at your old provider is still active).

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Dancarlos wrote:

i am a brain injury survivor and this has been 9 days and counting of no phone i cant stress how much this has affected my hummble world i want to put my new phone and new sim 89***0 on to my p.m.acct.with phone # 250**20 wich is in good standing and pre paid for this month i would realy like to start the prepaid month once my phone is working . please help or help find some one whom can INEED MY PHONE TO WORK 

@DancarlosHi, I am very happy to hear of your survival. It must have been not easy.

I am trying to understand you as best I can. You are opening a new account? Or you jus want to replace the old phone+sim? Or are you trying to change your active date since your old phone was dead?

All you would need to do (if I understand you correctly) is log into self serve here then click plans and addon, then change your sim card, insert the new sim number and stick the sim card in your new phone.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Dancarlos Here it is a public forum. You need to take away your numbers... click on thé 3 dots right up in your message....

Need Help? Let's chat.