cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyson1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iPhone 12 Compatibility

I am considering getting an iPhone 12 and noticed this on the website.

SIM Card

• Dual SIM (nano‑SIM and eSIM)
  • iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini are not compatible with existing micro‑SIM cards.

Does this mean the SIM cards Public Mobile sends won't work with and iPhone 12? Is there any way of using the 2 together?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

Re: iPhone 12 Compatibility

@Tyson1987 it's compatible. you should be able to break down your pin sim to a nano SIM for the iPhone 12. public mobile doesn't support esim

View solution in original post

All Replies
gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Tyson1987 it's compatible. you should be able to break down your pin sim to a nano SIM for the iPhone 12. public mobile doesn't support esim

View solution in original post

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Tyson1987 

The PM SIM is what they call tri-punch. Full size, micro, nano. Each snaps out of the larger.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tyson1987 

Public Mobile does not offer eSIM.

As mentioned, the current PM SIM card is 3-in-1 sizes. If your current phone uses a different size SIM card from the iPhone 12, you can snap out the unneeded part(s).

If you have a recent version of the PM SIM card, there should be no problem switching it over to iPhone 12.

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What are my chances ive been using same sim for over 15 years and planning 

to get iphone 12 so far over the years been using same sim doe my iphones 4s , 6 ,

and now on iphone 7 . 

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@pankajjoshi iPhone 7 uses a nano SIM so your iPhone 12 will work

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@pankajjoshi wrote:

What are my chances ive been using same sim for over 15 years and planning 

to get iphone 12 so far over the years been using same sim doe my iphones 4s , 6 ,

and now on iphone 7 . 

Hi @pankajjoshi 

As @gpixel4 mentioned, both iPhone 7 and iPhone 12 use the same size SIM card. So you're good to go.

However I suspect you've changed your SIM card (and probably forgotten) somewhere along the way as Public Mobile wasn't available 15 years ago (was it?)

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@pankajjoshi chances are your sim is not 15 years old. PM came out March 2010, Telus acquired it Oct 2013 and relaunched it August 2015.

Also I believe the iPhone 4s were micro sim and your other phones nano sim. Which means you have somewhat a newer sim card which is 3 hole punch and not the much older sim cards that PM sold that were non punch.

Just saying...

pankajjoshi

@Jb456  

Many Tks for the info .

pankajjoshi

@gpixel4

Many Txs. for the info.

Need Help? Let's chat.