cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data is not working

Antje
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, just changed from Acer Liquid to Asus Zenfone 3. Everything was fine on Acer, but now with the new phone the data does not work anymore. Went through all the procedures with APN settings, but no way.... Any ideas for solving that problem?????

9 REPLIES 9

Antje

It works!!!!! I can't believe it!!! After hours of unsuccessful back and forth I'm really happy - Thank you so much!!!!

@Antje  Those cards are needed because they will allow you to enter the correct APN entry. If your phone does not allow you to add a new APN then you will need the card. Check to see if your new phone allows you to add an APN entry.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Sometime on Asus the + does not show it usually located left of the three dots.

Hope this helps.

Antje

I already did a rebooting. I'm not sure about the factory reset, I found other comment saying that a reset is not working and they got even more trouble afterwards. Sorry...

Antje

It is running Android 8.0.0. Do I need the simcard you suggested for this system as well??

@Antje  That is the wrong APN and that's why data is not working. If your Zenfone is running Android 8.1 then you need to add the correct APN via other means. The easiest is to purchase a roam.com sim card from amazon or a Freedom Mobile sim because those cards will allow you to add the correct APN.

Antje

20191011_155842_resized_1.jpg20191011_155903_resized_1.jpg20191011_155912_resized_1.jpg20191011_155923_resized_1.jpg

As you can see all comes in grey and is at least partly already set, so I can't change anything.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Antje Asus devices definitely need manual APN configuration, so you went down the right path.  It's possible you entered something incorrectly though.  That would be my guess.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Antje  If you don't mind post a screenshot of your APN settings from the Zenfone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After you updated the APN settings try rebooting your phone.  If that doesn't work then you may need to do a factory reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.