cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ULEFONE 6- help on SIM data

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am looking for the access point area in this phone but still have not succeeded yet. 

69 REPLIES 69

dboxtvinfo715

@computergeek541 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456  done I thought I read a thread earlier about that but this is all over the place lol

There were multiple threads in the Community about getting APN settings programmed in for this phone. I did some mergiing today of some of the message threads that I looked at.

mainly for Ulefone 

dboxtvinfo715

Pretty sure I was in ,can and search was freedom Sim but there is also roam1581295233389.jpg

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456  done I thought I read a thread earlier about that but this is all over the place lol

There were multiple threads in the Community about getting APN settings programmed in for this phone. I did some mergiing today of some of the message threads that I looked at.

@dboxtvinfo715  If you're STILL looking for a Freedom SIM, and you're looking at Amazon, as previously mentioned, in order to get the correct one, you might want to try amazon.ca NOT amazon.com and type "freedom sim" in the search.

@ShawnC13  thank you.

He made one more unless you're working on the merge as I type lol

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Ulefone-6-Help-on-finding-access-point-an...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@will13am 

See this thread. APN issues he been recommended to try a freedom or roam sim

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/ULEFONE-6-help-on-SIM-data/td-p/48456...

Sorry I don't understand the question and how the post relates to any question at all.  

@ShawnC13  maybe this can be merged to his 6 page thread regarding his APN issue?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/ULEFONE-6-help-on-SIM-data/td-p/48456...

dboxtvinfo715

Yeah , also on roam.com 9.95$1581221681435.jpg

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715  if you look at the wording it's for USA. Picture not that clear but I can make out metropcs , T-Mobile, ATT at bottoms.

Amazon has roam sims for $9.95 looking quickly

@dboxtvinfo715  if you look at the wording it's for USA. Picture not that clear but I can make out metropcs , T-Mobile, ATT at bottoms.

Amazon has roam sims for $9.95 looking quickly

dboxtvinfo715

Screenshot_20200209-193318.png

Screenshot_20200209-193343.png

Screenshot_20200209-193406.png

Moved to Lounge

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

No that is not the right one

dboxtvinfo715

Shopping on Amazon for freedom sim cardShopping on Amazon for freedom sim card

dboxtvinfo715

they have amazon, I missed it, I would gladly of paid kiosk 10 Why don't they have 1 and advise future issue and solve it for 10 dollars . I guess I will 

Amazon.ca

dboxtvinfo715

@Jb456 wrote:

Just insert and try to edit the APN settings

freedom sells on eBay 15$

is this only known solution ? 

I went to kiosk and updated news to worker
still shopping for the SIM

Just insert and try to edit the APN settings

dboxtvinfo715

I have a ulefone 6, it seems freedom sim or roam sim will solve the access point issue for those who are aware .

do we have too activate these sims too access point ? or just inserting sim ,  Screenshot_2020-02-09-17-49-43.png

Screenshot_2020-02-09-17-49-16.png

dboxtvinfo715

Screenshot_20200208-231410.png

Did you try amazon.ca?

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

anyone know how I can order freedom SIM not EBAY 😡 15$, I live in Montreal and need this for Ulefone solution

dboxtvinfo715

anyone know how I can order freedom SIM not EBAY 😡 15$, I live in Montreal and need this for Ulefone solution

dboxtvinfo715

Found it but cannot modify. Still no MMS and data

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Yes we understand it's an MMS problem. The issue is your phone not allowing you to add the correct APN settings to get your MMS to work. These Ulefones are known to do this. Not just with Public Mobile but if you google search it lots of people have this issue with these Chinese phones.

You are very generalizing here.

Call me lucky if you must or the exception (as always I think you just don't hear from the many many people who don't have problems, though).

But my Armor 6E runs Android 9 (as the initial version installed at the factory, not as a later upgrade of the model*). I unpacked it, put my PM SIM (active for about 3years at the time of phone change) into SIM slot 1 - and connected to the internet within seconds and no setting changes needed.

* The Armor 6 was originally delivered with Android 8.1, for which the lack of APN edit option  is a known problem.

🦉🤔So far no data mobile but the MMS bothers me ulefone a must buy fone!🤾⛹️

Both your internet connection AND your MMS functionality use the same APN profile. If you can't do the one you can't do the other.

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

appreciate the help I will get it eventually

Do you think the kiosk public mobile will resolve this?

Unlikely. Public Mobile kiosks exist to sell you a SIM and plan and to help you set up your account. That's pretty much it. For account issues down the line they send people to this community / the moderators.

Also, Public Mobile doesn't sell any phones, and I have yet to find a retailer that will touch a phone that they don't sell.

It's really hard to help you with this if you don't tell us exact steps of what you have tried, and, nothing personal, but... I sense (or interpret from your questions and comments) some lack in willingness to try the suggestions that were provided.Please, help us help you!

Again, nothing personal, but if you are not comfortable playing with your phone and figuring these things out, you might need to find a phone that works with Public Mobile out of the box, or, viceversa, find another (likely second tier) provider that works with this phone.

dboxtvinfo715

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Yes we understand it's an MMS problem. The issue is your phone not allowing you to add the correct APN settings to get your MMS to work. These Ulefones are known to do this. Not just with Public Mobile but if you google search it lots of people have this issue with these Chinese phones.

You are very generalizing here.

Call me lucky if you must or the exception (as always I think you just don't hear from the many many people who don't have problems, though).

But my Armor 6E runs Android 9 (as the initial version installed at the factory, not as a later upgrade of the model*). I unpacked it, put my PM SIM (active for about 3years at the time of phone change) into SIM slot 1 - and connected to the internet within seconds and no setting changes needed.

* The Armor 6 was originally delivered with Android 8.1, for which the lack of APN edit option  is a known problem.

🦉🤔So far no data mobile but the MMS bothers me ulefone a must buy fone!🤾⛹️

dboxtvinfo715

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

appreciate the help I will get it eventually

Do you think the kiosk public mobile will resolve this?

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Can you try the below? However may not work and you may have to look into seeing if you can obtain a freedom mobile sim or a Roam sim as suggested on other thread I originally posted.

But try this ..

Steps to Reset Network Settings on Ulefone Armor 6

1. Open Setting
  2. System--Reset Options
  3. Now you need to tap the Reset Network Settings option
  4. You can select the SIM option and Tap the Reset Settings button
  5. This way you can reset network settings on your Ulefone Armor 6

have reset phone , still no internet or mms, only text and phone

It's really the best if you are getting one of the SIMs mentioned (borrow from a friend, or order one from Amazon) and follow the instructions  - to change the APN step by step. My understanding is that the other SIM DOESN'T  need to be activated / on a plan for this.

Need Help? Let's chat.