cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oukitel C17

STom1688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this compatiable with Public mobile network.

I can make and recieve calls. I can't get 3G data to work

23 REPLIES 23

@tavesone wrote:

I am unable to get a Freedom sim card where I live.  Do you think a Virgin Mobility sim might work?  I can get one for $3 on Amazon.

I have not heard anything about Virgin Mobile SIM cards being able to to get around the inaccessible APN settings.  It's certainly not impossible, but as Android 8.1 has been around for a considerable amount of time, I believe that Virgin SIM cards would have been mentioned by now if they could be used for this purpose. I'm sugest to sticking to Freedom or Roam SIM cards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tavesone : Since you don't seem interested in trying the app I suggested in one of your other threads, another possibility is that the moderators allegedly have a way to push the settings to your phone by way of an SMS. You could try with them too. But really...try the app.

@tavesone wrote:

I am unable to get a Freedom sim card where I live.  Do you think a Virgin Mobility sim might work?  I can get one for $3 on Amazon.

Freedom SIM cards are $6.99 at CCS.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards

@tavesone @    You would need to contact Virgin Mobile

https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/index.html

tavesone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tavesone : You're jumping in to several threads. Did you try the app I linked in one of the other threads you were in?

@tavesone wrote:

No go, thanks.  If I can use any other sim card, what about using my prior Telus sim card?

Your Telus SIM card wouldn't help. There's something about Freedom and Roam SIM cards that allow APN settings to be changed on such devices.

tavesone

No go, thanks.  If I can use any other sim card, what about using my prior Telus sim card?

STom1688

That is correct. Once you put in the other vendor sim card, you can program the APN.

Remove the vendor sim card and insert Public's sim card.

@s1000 I mean, if a friend is with Freedom, borrow the SIM and stick it into your phone. Then access your APN settings. Once you set the correct PM settings, save them, turn the phone off, Replace with the PM SIM and restart.

@s1000 wrote:

Do you guys mean switch over to FreedomMobile all together? or use the Freedom sim card to change the APN? If so, how?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@s1000 wrote:

Do you guys mean switch over to FreedomMobile all together? or use the Freedom sim card to change the APN? If so, how?

No don't switch to Freedom we want you here 😂

However they are saying you will need a Freedom mobile sim card to be able to update the APN settings to get your data to work on Public Mobile. A ROAM mobile sim card may also do the trick.

s1000

Dudley69

should i use a pay as you go Freedom SIM?, or a mthly one and cancel immediately?

STom1688

The freedom mobile solution works.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jedimcse 

Try entering this into your phone dialer and press call: ##72786#

Then check if you can use data or edit APN afterwards.

If it doesn't work then buy or borrow a Freedom Mobile sim card as suggested.

Get a freedom mobile SIM and insert it. The SIM allows you access to a lot more settings than other providers, including PM.

@jedimcse wrote:

has anybody found a solution to this yet?  I hace an oukitel c17 and cannot get the data to work.  The APN settings are greyed out and cannot be modified

jedimcse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

has anybody found a solution to this yet?  I hace an oukitel c17 and cannot get the data to work.  The APN settings are greyed out and cannot be modified

STom1688

The phone version C17 is not listed

STom1688

APN is grayed out. I only  get the two Telus APN automatcially.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PAULRANG18 wrote:

On the home page, click GETTING STARTED. Scroll down and click on PHONE COMPATIBILITY and follow instructions to see if it works with PM.

@PAULRANG18 always a good starting point, though this particular model is not yet on the list.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

On the home page, click GETTING STARTED. Scroll down and click on PHONE COMPATIBILITY and follow instructions to see if it works with PM.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@STom1688 wrote:

Is this compatiable with Public mobile network.

I can make and recieve calls. I can't get 3G data to work

@STom1688 if this https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/ccc751b8 is the correct spec sheet, then yes it's compatible.  [EDIT: also, since it works for talk, it's defintely got compabitle 3G frequency(s).]  As @aquintar noted, you may need to manually configure your APN settings.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

aquintar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can check your phone compatibility on this page: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Just search Oukitel C17 and it will let you know if it's compatible or not.

Also, if you want to configure your data, here are the APN settings (search "access point names" in your settings)

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

APN Type: default,mms,supl *

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS/MMSC Proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS/MMSC Port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN Protocol: IPv4

APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

Leave all other fields blank/empty

Need Help? Let's chat.