cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mod & Tech Hours?

lexielexie157
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can anyone tell me what kind of hours mods & the tech department are available?

I have been without ANY CELL service for 6 days now, and a tech help ticket has been started, but I can't get any answers as when I may get help or what hours the tech people work....

If I don't get service soon I have no choice but to leave Public Mobile...

11 REPLIES 11

lexielexie157

Thanks so much @MandyJ  Yes I contacted a moderator through a link here in the community and they have been in contact but I still have no service....I have replied to their messages through the private messages on this site.

Where it sits now is that I asked if I should get a new SIM card & start all over as the tech dept still has not been in touch or done anything.  The mod replied saying to do that, but our local Walmart had no SIM cards....So now I'll be driving 1/2 an hour tmo...

This whole experience has been very disappointing....On to day 8....

Thanks again for your help

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lexielexie157 wrote:

Thanks @GinYVR  But the issue as hand is NO CELL SErvice going into day 7 now. At the end of the day that’s what matters, & that’s why I need tech support, because I’m paying for a service I’m not getting.  

Just to double check here... you did private message the moderator account, right? I'm not sure if there's any other way that you can reliably contact support. The link to the moderators is:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you've already contacted them through this method, have you checked your private messages here on this community site? Near the top of the page is the picture of the envelope, which would show a red number 1 on it if you have a new message. Maybe you clicked it by accident and the 1 is missing? You should click that to make sure there's no message from the moderators in there.

Sorry if you know all this, but I just wanted to double check with you because a 7 day wait seems to be much higher than expected.

lexielexie157

Thanks @GinYVR  But the issue as hand is NO CELL SErvice going into day 7 now. At the end of the day that’s what matters, & that’s why I need tech support, because I’m paying for a service I’m not getting.  

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lexielexie157 What I heard from other customers that they didn't get any refund or credit from PM. I feel sorry for those who couldn't get access to the services. I know some of those who joined the $15 plan. 

@lexielexie157 I would say not very high relatively... you can inference a few things from their quarterly report available here.

They don't break down the subscribers of their 3 services but the subscribers in total there are ~8.5 million

Here is a telling quote: "

TELUS, Koodo and Public Mobile were the subjects of 7.6%, 3.4% and 0.8% of the total customer complaints accepted by the CCTS, respectively, or 11.8% of total customer complaints, in aggregate."

From the CCTS website, the mid last year Telus gets ~750 complaints.. so work it back lets say 2000 for the whole year against 8.5 million (or even proportionally lower say 2 million). They are actually lower than Rogers, Cogeco and Bell.

Another view is look at the people who registered on this board it is about 12500 (from the Bravos leaderboard)..We can assume people wont' sign on to Lithium if they don't experience problems.. but reality I think it is lower. Let say we all have issues simultaneously.. that is still really low % compared to their subscriber base.. that means the service is actually not bad.

If is not a defence but just put it in perpsective.

From that aspect it is actually rather low, of course you can complain about oh that's only people who complain.. fair enough but this is all the information as the public gets. This forum is designed for people with problems, so of course people will be here with issues. Just like you expect people at hospital to be sick because that's why they are there in the first place.

Can they do better.. obviously.. but if you are asking a business to prioritize between a higher paying customer and a lower paying one, you know which one they will pick. That's the reality. I would ask you to balance your needs too, if tech support is important for you.. there are other services.

I would suggest one way the community can help the mod team is to be more judiciously judge the thread before telling people to contact the mods. Things that is known to be non refundable add ons like low distance minutes etc. it was stated as non refundable at the rules, yes mods might refund out of the kindness of their heart but is it good business practice breaking rules? The queue I am sure is equal and first in first out, the more junk people pile into the queue the slower the response time.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lexielexie157 wrote:

Thanks @sunflowershine Wonder how many others are experiencing this....must be some sort of network issue with PM...My plan was just auto renewed for another month....I'm hoping if I leave they'll credit me and if on the remote chance this gets rectified that they credit me for the lost service this past week...

While I have no idea how many people are experiencing this, I've seen many reports in the community about network issues starting from the renewal date. There's clearly some hitch in the system somewhere that is messing things up, and I'm guessing the moderator team is getting more and more backed up with these problems every day. It seems the response times just keep increasing.

lexielexie157

Thanks @sunflowershine Wonder how many others are experiencing this....must be some sort of network issue with PM...My plan was just auto renewed for another month....I'm hoping if I leave they'll credit me and if on the remote chance this gets rectified that they credit me for the lost service this past week...

lexielexie157

Thanks @will13am I send a PM to a mod via the online link last Friday and it's been nothing but headaches, errors, delays, and still NO SERVICE ever since...

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lexielexie157 There are more customers experiencing no services at all. It could be the problem under PM network. If you are planning to leave, making sure you take off your autopay information to avoid charging in the future. I think you need more consistent network. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lexielexie157 wrote:

Can anyone tell me what kind of hours mods & the tech department are available?

I have been without ANY CELL service for 6 days now, and a tech help ticket has been started, but I can't get any answers as when I may get help or what hours the tech people work....

If I don't get service soon I have no choice but to leave Public Mobile...

How did you contact support?  Response times should be a lot better than 6 days.  Anyway, the moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lexielexie157 
M-F 8am-00 (ET) and Sat-Sun 8am-10pm (ET).

Need Help? Let's chat.