cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone, is there a way to disable it?

khaleddahdouh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have lost my phone last week, now normally I would call the customer service center to disable it/blacklist the IMEI, but I have no clue what to do with PM especially that the mods never respond and the email support isn't working and I have read that they don't respond to emails as well. If anyone has experience about that, please share. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

In addition, some phones have the ability to be remotely factory reset and/or password locked.  Android devices offer this and I am pretty sure iOS devices do as well.  On Android, it is done by logging into your Google account, and if your phone connects to the internet, a "self destruct" command is sent to your phone that can disable it.

pamorin

@khaleddahdouh thank you for posting a way to reach the public mobile call center even if on a new plan. 

When you report lost/stolen phone to Public Mobile all services are suspended; the actual phone has no bearing on the matter.

After suspending service, get a new SIM and phone. When the SIM arrives go back into your account and select Change SIM. Enter the SIM # and you're good to go again.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can stop being sarcastic now. It's not going to end well when someone is trying to help you. You worded it like you were afraid to message the mods because you read that they barely respond.

khaleddahdouh

Actually here is what I did (to whomever searches the forum and is in the same boat in the future) 

I called Telus customer support at 1-866-558-2273, explained my issue and told her that I am a PM customer, she was very nice and apologized that she can't help me herself since they have to verify the account before blocking random phones, but she said she will transfer me to someone who can. I got transfered to a PM agent who after I gave him my number said he has limited access to my account because its one of the new plans, but again after explaining the issue he hve put me on hold and apparently he overrode the restrictions and walked through the IMEI block with me.

Hope this helps someone out!

khaleddahdouh

Again, thanks a lot for being very helpful and telling me to contact a mod. As if I didn't mention that I already contacted them but they don't respond.

And I'll make sure to tell the theif to not steal my phone next time, thanks again

UDP7

Don't lose your phone and contact a mod.

khaleddahdouh

OMG thank you so much for telling me something obvious and anyone can see. I am simply asking how to disable the hardware not the service

UDP7

If you simply go on the Self-serve website and click on the Plan and Add-ons tab, there'll be another tab with Lost/Stolen Phone, click that.

Need Help? Let's chat.