cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo LG G3 data not working with original setup

adronis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i had a look on my LG G6 and it is configured differently than the default and this setup configured manually in the G3 fixed the issue.

MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port 8799

Not sure why the default setup doesn't work on a Koodo LG G3. Does anyone knows? Is this common with LG phones?

7 REPLIES 7

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@adronis wrote:

So i had a look on my LG G6 and it is configured differently than the default and this setup configured manually in the G3 fixed the issue.

MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port 8799

Not sure why the default setup doesn't work on a Koodo LG G3. Does anyone knows? Is this common with LG phones?

Hi @adronis this is very helpful information for new customers with the same device.  Thank you very much for sharing.

Have a great weekend

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adronis : The setting that works for you works for me too. It's an alternative that we can suggest to customers to get their data working. There are a few other little settings beyond "default" that could get a phone working too.

adronis

Looked around and found that this is the telus setting

adronis

As i was saying, that setup doesn't work @LEGO 

adronis

Thanks for the reply @Dunkman  This phone had a factory reset though.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@adronis 

Glad to see that you were able to troubleshoot your own issue. 

In the past, some LG phones have had issues with setup with Public mobile.  Other customers had to do either a network reset or even factory reset to get data working properly.  

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.