cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to cellular data services

mi5259
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

I was just outside the country for a month and now that i'm back i'm unable to connect to data services.  My phone shows it's connected to 3G but using any data just brings up an error saying i haven't registered any cellular data services.  Checked my plan and i have plenty of data available. 

Phone i'm using is the iphone 6se

Thanks!

36 REPLIES 36

Kathieknox
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have done absolutely nothing. No changes nor out of province even. 

Btw any idea why I have to sign in to community each time I want to reply to someone’s message? I have ticked the box that says remember me but it doesn’t. Very annoying and time consuming bouncing back and filling it all in each time. Thanks!!

@Kathieknox wrote:

They said they “refreshed rhe provisions “

Hmmm,

Which is what I thought it was. 

I assume you are having the exact same isssues?

Have you did a plan change or add-ons or left the country since you got it working?

Kathieknox

They said they “refreshed rhe provisions “

@Kathieknox wrote:

Looks like after I got issue resolved, moderator has gone in a changed

something according to her message and now I can’t get data again!! I wish she had left it. 

So now what do I do? Follow the same steps I posted? Ready to change providers!

Do happen to know what they did to fix it?

If not, I am guessing you will need to contact them again. 

Kathieknox

Looks like after I got issue resolved, moderator has gone in a changed

something according to her message and now I can’t get data again!! I wish she had left it. 

So now what do I do? Follow the same steps I posted? Ready to change providers!

Kathieknox

@krazykiwi wrote:

@mi5259 wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@mi5259 wrote:

Figured it out.

It must have installed a cellular profile or something.  I found it under General Settings and deleted it.  Once gone i was connected without issue.

Cheers

Glad to hear you got this sorted. I have heard of this issue before but have never seen it myself so I did not know what to tell you to check.

Congrats and welcome.

EDIT: Exactly where was this profile? Was it it's own heading under General Settings?

It was under it's own section just below VPN settings.

Once i removed it the section disappeared.  

Cool, thanks!

@mi5259 wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@mi5259 wrote:

Figured it out.

It must have installed a cellular profile or something.  I found it under General Settings and deleted it.  Once gone i was connected without issue.

Cheers

Glad to hear you got this sorted. I have heard of this issue before but have never seen it myself so I did not know what to tell you to check.

Congrats and welcome.

EDIT: Exactly where was this profile? Was it it's own heading under General Settings?

Cool, thanks!

mi5259

@krazykiwi wrote:

@mi5259 wrote:

Figured it out.

Cheers

Congrats and welcome.

Kathieknox

I used the website exactly as I had posted. Not sure why it differs for you but great that people have a second option if the first doesn’t work. 

I find details are key for me. Likely not needed for those who readily know their way around phones and technology but massively helpful for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

This solution kinda looks like another way to change APN settings on iphone....  Interesting....   

That's because it has been covered before. Also, the website is incorrect. It's www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/ . gotounlock doesn't seem to go anywhere.

Nice with the detailed info though.

This solution kinda looks like another way to change APN settings on iphone....  Interesting....   

@Kathieknox wrote:

It would have to be a factory reset just to be clear. Network reset did not work. 

I didn’t have access to a computer so was reluctant to do factory reset as Apple said that would be a problem. 

Yes, you could have tried an "All settings", it does not erase you content, just the settings in the phone. 

Kathieknox

It would have to be a factory reset just to be clear. Network reset did not work. 

I didn’t have access to a computer so was reluctant to do factory reset as Apple said that would be a problem. 

@Kathieknox wrote:

Ok I am like a dog with a bone. 

Umpteen hours later and I have it solved. 

First of all, thanks to the person who said to call Telus. 

I got Telus again tonite but this time technical support guy. He did me a huge favour and got a public mobile person on the phone. It took a while so all I can say is you need the patience of a saint. I will not be getting sainthood just yet! Anyway 

so the public mobile technical support said there was no way he could help and I had to go to community and moderators. I kept asking for probably 20 + minutes and he said no one above him to ask and no way to email anyone or have anyone contact me. I find it hard to believe that he said thee isn’t another solution and that they will not tell you their ID #

So again I persisted for eons and he finally had me do something none of the other Telus people had suggested. Nor did Apple help with the fix. 

To get your data back here is what you do:

Get on wifi. Go to Safari. Then punch in the following:

gotounlock.co.nz

Go to crate APN. (It’s at the bottom) 

Put in country and carrier which is public mobile (don’t use the first one that looks like public mobile. Keep scrolling and click on Public Mobile

Tap on allow

Tap on install(at top)

Go back to turn OFF wifi

Try to use your data. Ta da! After countless hours on phone losing my mind perseverance paid off!

Hope this helps someone! 

Glad you got it sorted, You phone was locked and if you did a back up and a reset as mentioned than you would have gotten there too. Reseting an Iphone is another way of ensuring they are unlocked!

@Kathieknox wrote:

Gosh why did someone change it to solved. Not very helpful. I have posted solution now. Thanks for the heads up. Hope hat helps 

Because, as I was trying to get you to go back to your thread, This one belongs to someone else and it was already solved with a different solution.

EDIT: Maybe you could post this so;ution and make it as solvedd to help other community members that might have the same problem?

Kathieknox

Gosh why did someone change it to solved. Not very helpful. I have posted solution now. Thanks for the heads up. Hope hat helps 

Kathieknox

Ok I am like a dog with a bone. 

Umpteen hours later and I have it solved. 

First of all, thanks to the person who said to call Telus. 

I got Telus again tonite but this time technical support guy. He did me a huge favour and got a public mobile person on the phone. It took a while so all I can say is you need the patience of a saint. I will not be getting sainthood just yet! Anyway 

so the public mobile technical support said there was no way he could help and I had to go to community and moderators. I kept asking for probably 20 + minutes and he said no one above him to ask and no way to email anyone or have anyone contact me. I find it hard to believe that he said thee isn’t another solution and that they will not tell you their ID #

So again I persisted for eons and he finally had me do something none of the other Telus people had suggested. Nor did Apple help with the fix. 

To get your data back here is what you do:

Get on wifi. Go to Safari. Then punch in the following:

gotounlock.co.nz

Go to crate APN. (It’s at the bottom) 

Put in country and carrier which is public mobile (don’t use the first one that looks like public mobile. Keep scrolling and click on Public Mobile

Tap on allow

Tap on install(at top)

Go back to turn OFF wifi

Try to use your data. Ta da! After countless hours on phone losing my mind perseverance paid off!

Hope this helps someone! 

@Kathieknox wrote:

I have a solution I will try to post how to fix. Just want to make sure you know to look for it 

Please put it in your post.

EDIT: This post is marked as "Solved" so it is very likely your solution will be missed if posted here.

Thanks

Kathieknox

I have it solved. I will post. Please look for new post

Kathieknox

I have a solution I will try to post how to fix. Just want to make sure you know to look for it 

@Lindenf wrote:

I am a having similar issue except I have no service for two days!!! I have been thru all the prompts on and off the phone with Telus and tried the public mobile automated number but no solve to what is going on with my phone. I guess all I can really do is hope this community thing can help me out??!! I’ve had 4 different public mobile SIM cards now and have re booted and reset so much stuff on my phone it’s ridiculous. Any help will be much appreciated!

Would you mind starting a new topic. Just to avoid confussion between your issue and the this one. 

Go to Public Mobile Community

At the bottom select the category, in this case I would use Phones & Hardware

then select New Topic

Thanks

Lindenf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a having similar issue except I have no service for two days!!! I have been thru all the prompts on and off the phone with Telus and tried the public mobile automated number but no solve to what is going on with my phone. I guess all I can really do is hope this community thing can help me out??!! I’ve had 4 different public mobile SIM cards now and have re booted and reset so much stuff on my phone it’s ridiculous. Any help will be much appreciated!

@Kathieknox wrote:

I’m having similar problems. Network reset has not fixed the problem and nor has turning phone of, taking SIM card out and restarting phone. Could you guide me as to how to do as you suggest and turn the SIM pin off so I can see if that is a solution? Thanks 

I was trying to find this as I have never seen it. Lets go back to your post!

Kathieknox

I’m having similar problems. Network reset has not fixed the problem and nor has turning phone of, taking SIM card out and restarting phone. Could you guide me as to how to do as you suggest and turn the SIM pin off so I can see if that is a solution? Thanks 

@mi5259 wrote:

Figured it out.

Cheers

Congrats and welcome.

mi5259

Figured it out.

Cheers

mi5259

Resetting All settings didn't work.

I'll try factory reset later tonight

Thanks

@srlawren wrote:

@mi5259 I think you may need to do a factory reset.  Please make sure you back up anything you want to keep that isn't already backed up or synced to iCloud/Google/etc first.

I would attempt an "all settings" reset, if that does't work do a back up and then reset it and "set up as new". do minimal setup and test if it is working. You can always restore backup if it doesn't work.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mi5259 I think you may need to do a factory reset.  Please make sure you back up anything you want to keep that isn't already backed up or synced to iCloud/Google/etc first.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mi5259 wrote:

Yes SIM PIN is off.

Also, if it helps, I'm able to make phone calls which is good just no data services.

How about receiving calls and texts in/out?

Need Help? Let's chat.