cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to resume account (account suspended due to lost phone) registered new sim card

smartcard1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

phone was suspended because phone was lost, purchased new sim card and registered to publicmobile but unable to resume service or make payment.  Payment option buttom is greyed out.  Getting error  "There has been an error while resuming your service. Please try again."

25 REPLIES 25

@smartcard1  Cool, glad you got it workin'..... now you know how to contact the Mods, in the event something else happens, that advice from the forums doesn't help. 👍 

smartcard1

Moderator fixed issue .. phone is working now.  Thanks to all.

@smartcard1  Well, since none of the advice given here has seemed to help, I would think the next best option is to contact the Moderator team, and explain the situation(maybe include a link to this thread).

To contact the Mod team, click on the question mark icon is the bottom, right of the screen, and follow the prompts. Once you've submitted a ticket, look for a number to appear in the envelope icon on the top, right of your screen, which would be a reply to your ticket. If that doesn't work, you can always try sending a message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

The 1st option is PM's preferred method of contacting the Mods.

smartcard1

@Anonymous wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

opened an incognito tab but have not cleared my cookies, will try that.

@smartcard1  and calling 611 and making a payment did not work either?

thanks ... 611 worked i was able to add money in my account, i think i will turn off autopay and try manually paying.

@smartcard1  awesome!

account should be back to normal over night then.

i am assuming the payment will be taken out after midnight some time.  Thanks for all the help.  hopefully phone is working tomorrow.

It should start right away.

Now that you've successfuly paid, try the self-serve and see if you can resume and see if you can reactivate. In a different browser or incognito mode of course 🙂

still can't resume, tried firefox, internet explore, the only browser that shows the resume option now is chrome, the other browers gives me an error "Opps and error occured ..."

deleted my credit card, the account shows a balance so hopefully after tonight it the money is taken out and it works other wise I'm have to transfer my son's number somewhere else. Thanks to everyone for the help.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

The tabs say Lost/Stolen. But the final button to click says Suspend. Then Resume.

You can resume without doing anything else while your term is still paid. After that you need to pay of course.

Get another compatible, unlocked phone, get a new SIM, log in, Change SIM, Resume. I doubt the last two steps need to be in order.

Some just say to say it's lost and then to say it's found. But you're right...it's suspend/resume.

I can remember in my working days with a major retailer that we used 1000’s of acronyms and during meetings we all talked a different language using acronyms and likely a third didn’t get any value from the meeting because of it. 

It is important for all levels, newbies to experts, to all be on the same page to provide the best learning experiences. 

Out of fear of erring in that area I finally ventured into it today, on my account. 

And since some may never or rarely be in their account I have shown below what is being talked about. 

Suspend Service — Logon, In the My Data & Add-Ons frame => “View My Usage” => “Lost/Stolen Phone” => ”Suspend Service”

Resume Service — Logon, In the My Data & Add-Ons frame => “View My Usage” => “Lost/Stolen Phone” => ”Resume Service”

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk 

The tabs say Lost/Stolen. But the final button to click says Suspend. Then Resume.

You can resume without doing anything else while your term is still paid. After that you need to pay of course.

Get another compatible, unlocked phone, get a new SIM, log in, Change SIM, Resume. I doubt the last two steps need to be in order.

Some just say to say it's lost and then to say it's found. But you're right...it's suspend/resume.

Just a stupid question(s). 

If your phone is stolen, lost or misplaced, would you not just suspend service? 

While I am not proficient on the control of an account, I have seen suspend but not lost or stolen. 

If missing phone is back in your hands, then if only suspended I assume you just go back to your account and remove the suspend yourself?

In the event, you have to use another phone with a newly registered SIM card how would you do that?

1. Remove suspend, input new SIM card online?

OR

2. Input new SIM card online, then remove suspend?

Is there a difference as I see no mention here to remove the suspend?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smartcard1 wrote:

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

thanks ... 611 worked i was able to add money in my account, i think i will turn off autopay and try manually paying.

@smartcard1  awesome!

i am assuming the payment will be taken out after midnight some time.  Thanks for all the help.  hopefully phone is working tomorrow.

It should start right away.

Now that you've successfuly paid, try the self-serve and see if you can resume and see if you can reactivate. In a different browser or incognito mode of course 🙂

smartcard1

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

@smartcard1  awesome!

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@smartcard1 wrote:

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

@smartcard1  awesome!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smartcard1 wrote:

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

You can choose to pay manually but keep autopay on to keep getting the free 2 bucks.

So are your services working now?

smartcard1

@ddeep91 wrote:

@smartcard1 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

@smartcard1  More importantly, clear all the history, NOT just cookies. That, and if you're using Chrome, try Firefox, both in normal, and "New Private Window", and hopefully one of those options will help.

Firefox lets me pick which cookies to delete. That's why I say site cookies. Clearing all cookies affects all the "legit" sites where you would then have to re-introduce your device to each site.

@smartcard1  More importantly, clear all the history, NOT just cookies. That, and if you're using Chrome, try Firefox, both in normal, and "New Private Window", and hopefully one of those options will help.

ddeep91

@smartcard1 wrote:

smartcard1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smartcard1 wrote:

yes I tried to resume service under the lost/phone tab but getting  'There has been an error while resuming your service. Please try again'

And did you try another browser or incognito/privacy mode or clearing cache/site cookies?

And restart the phone.

smartcard1

yes I tried to resume service under the lost/phone tab but getting  'There has been an error while resuming your service. Please try again'

ddeep91

@smartcard1 wrote:

phone was suspended because phone was lost, purchased new sim card and registered to publicmobile but unable to resume service or make payment.  Payment option buttom is greyed out.  Getting error  "There has been an error while resuming your service. Please try again."

Hey @smartcard1 

You can try making a payment by dialing 611 on your phone if the online option is not letting you pay.

Cheers

@smartcard1 wrote:

maybe i have to turn off autopay first.

@smartcard1try to turn it off and manually add funds.

@smartcard1 wrote:

tried to add funds but the submit button is slightly greyed out so I am unable to hit the submit buttom for payment

Did you do as @Dunkman  suggested, and hit the button to report your phone as "found", before trying to add funds?

smartcard1

maybe i have to turn off autopay first.

smartcard1

tried to add funds but the submit button is slightly greyed out so I am unable to hit the submit buttom for payment

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smartcard1 wrote:

1.  Add fund to your account enough to renew your plan.

2.  Click on the reactivate link to restart your service.

3.  Use the Change SIM card link to r3egister your new SIM card to be used with your account.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@smartcard1 

Did you report your phone found?  Then you go to payment section.  

Also, the website can be finicky.  You can use a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  

Need Help? Let's chat.