cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regarding expired credit card on autopay

ApS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone,  I am having a wee bit of a problem and need some help to know what to do.

I usually am more on top of things but I am going through some of rough time and I guess I wasn't really thinking. Here's the problem: I had received a few texts from PM saying that the credit card on my account was expiring at the end of the month and to update my card details.My payment was supposed to be done today Nov 20.

The thing is I have my daughter back home batlling a series ilness and have been so stressed that I wasn't really thinking properly. I checked my credit card and the expiry date was 2013 so I thought maybe it was regarding my husband's phone that is also on autopay with one of my credit cards, and when I checked the other card and it was also expiring in 2014 I thought maybe it was a mistake. Last week just in case I came to the PM website and tried to check the credit card that was connected to my phone. I clicked Manage Credit card because I thought I would be able to see not only the full credit card number but also the expiry date. But it only showed the first 6 digits and the last 4 of the card and it didn't show the expiry date. I checked against my card and the numbers were the same. Once again I thought it was some sort of a mistake. I was under the impression that if I had gotten a new card the number would be different from the old one - not sure why, again I"m super stressed - When today at noon I got a text from PM with the usual congrats rewards have been applied to your account etc I got even more convinced that it had been a mistake and the payment went trough. And because there are days that I don't use the phone at all, I just noticed now, when I tried to make a call, that I wasn't able to. And I couldn't figure out why. Not only my card was expiring on 2013 but I had received the text  from PM. So, like the would person I am, I messaged my daughter for help. And then she reminded me that I had received a new credit card to replace the one that was expiring in October. I didn't remember that part as it was the time that she left for treatments back home.ANd she also explained to me that if the card was sent because of the expiry of the older one the number would be the same. Finally things were making sense, so I came to the website and clicked on replace credit card, entered the same number but the different expire date and new number on the back and it's done. But what now? Is public mobile going back to this payment I missed today and get the payment with the new card, or do I need to make a payment for this missed one and it will continue on the autopay for next month?  I need to have the phone working because it's my only way to be able to contact my daughter when I am not home on wi-fi, and of course I can go back on the site and click the make a payment to get things back, but don't know if I should do it that way or wait to see if PM goes back to get that payment now that the info from the credit card was changed to the new one. Anyone has an idea of what to do in this case? Thank you so much

7 REPLIES 7

ApS

It worked !!! 🙂 My day - or rather evening - just became a better one.

Thank you!

ApS

once again, thank you I just tried the lost phone and am going to check if it worked if not I'll try that

Keep in mind also, that some people have made the necessary payment and their service does not reactivate. If this happens the $1 trick may be the answer.

Click the reactivate button in your self serve and try manually loading $1 to your account. This sometimes jumpstarts the renewal process.

ApS

thank you so much for the answers. I do have a valid credit card,I used it today without a problem. I just was all confused about it showing the number I have, which is the same number I had before. I am going to try the lost phone thing and make a single payment if that doesn't kick in the automatic payment.

Being super stressed is a pain, one stops thinking properly, but when one of our kids is sick we loose brain power 🙂 

THanks again

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sometimes the system will do an autopay and sometimes it will not.

if your account status says expired then you can top up manually (make a payment)

you could also try the lost stolen trick (putting phone is lost mode for a minute then back to found, this is found in plan and addons section) 

you could try lost stolen before making a manual payment  and see if it triggers the payment or after the payment if the plan does not activate.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@ApS To start, do you have a valid credit card? You could remove the old card from autopay, and make a one time payment with your valid card. If you do not, you could purchase a voucher from a vendor or even recharge.com and pay your account that way.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ApS When autopay payment is missed, payment has to be done manually. It doesn't get done automatically after adding/updating to a valid card.  

Need Help? Let's chat.