cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

porting number

When I port my number to Koodo will my service automatically end or can I still use this sim with a different number until the plan expires?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: porting number

Your account automatically deletes itself and your SIM will be useless.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

Hi 

please help

i lost my 604#

i had ported it for 2 monthd

I know that wasn't what was meant, but when you port a number out, an account never just "deletes" itself.  When a number is ported out from any carrier, the service is automatically cancelled, but if this is a Koodo postpaid account that we're talking about coming from, there isn't actually any reason to get a new number to use up the rest of the month.  They'd owe you a refund/credit of the monthly charges for unused days.  You would stil be responsible for any charges and amounts owing up until that point.  If it's a Koodo prepaid account that you're coming from, the rest of the month that you've paid for is lost when you port out.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541, I think the OP is porting out of PM into Koodo.

@abTest wrote:

@computergeek541, I think the OP is porting out of PM into Koodo.

Sorry.  You would be correct.  I was trying to explain the opposite.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Moderator_Team

I ported my number over from Lucky Mobile yesterday.  I can only text with one person and nothing else.  If they call my number it just goes straight to voice mail.  I have tried everything and it is still not working. HELP.  I have an iphone.

Make sure your old provider does not close account before your telephone ## fully ported.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is still open.  I just dont understand why I can text with one person and nothing else.

Make sure you contact team moderator to make sure your port went through and finalized.