cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan won't renew

patrickpatrick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning,

My plan was supposed to be renewed automatically as of midnight on the night of Oct 31st / Nov 1.

It didn't work.

I'm trying to pay for it now but because I'm not changing plan it's not working.

Can anyone pay / renew my plan asap ? My account has already been topped up.

thank you so much

Pat

15 REPLIES 15

Here's my take. Ensure the amount of your plan is available on your account. Make a one time payment if necessary. Then expect to have to do the $1 payment trick and maybe the lost found trick to restart your service.

First if you see the reactivate button in your self serve, click it and try manually loading $1 to your account. This sometimes jumpstarts the renewal process.

If that doesn't work, try the Lost Phone Trick:

Caution! There have been reports that the lost phone trick removes your autopay and may be other rewards for the cycle, please be aware of that before trying this solution.

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.
2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
3. Re-login to self serve and report phone found.
4. Reboot your phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and has been known to reactivate your account.

This happened alot in the past but it's been rarer lately.

For subs reason it will not allow people renew early by themselves, it must be done by mods.

Switch to another plan is instant if you choose so.

It is very unfortunate

@patrickpatrick  Sorry I guess the $60 12gb plan is gone. I guess you'll have to renew with a mod and keep an eye out for the next time pm offers a higher gb data plan.

Edit: That plan expired Oct 28th...sign up for deal alerts on the main plans page.

@patrickpatrick wrote:

Is there a reason why payment is so complicated?

Why couldn't I just pay / restart my monthly plan cycle every 3 weeks for example?

Public mobile would get 50$ every 3 weeks from me instead of every month.....

They really need to update and make payment easier... 

@patrickpatrick  I'm not sure why you can't but it's probably because it's an older system. It would be cheaper to take the $60 plan. That would be more data at $15 per week...renewing the $50 every 3 weeks would be $16.67 per week.

patrickpatrick

Is there a reason why payment is so complicated?

Why couldn't I just pay / restart my monthly plan cycle every 3 weeks for example?

Public mobile would get 50$ every 3 weeks from me instead of every month.....

They really need to update and make payment easier... 

@darlicious wrote:

@patrickpatrick  Go look at the plans I believe the 12gb is still available for $10 more than your current plan.

@patrickpatrick  With this plan you can do it now rather than use a moderator in case you want the extra data...just add $10 to your account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@patrickpatrick wrote:

How do I message a moderator?

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right hand bottom corner of this page.

@patrickpatrick wrote:

@ Theres one online right now. Two ways click on the (?) Bottom right of your screen and talk to simon. Just say human, want to talk to human til he gives you a form to the moderators and tell them plan renewal. Or go to private message box (envelope icon ) top right. Address @CS_Agent  and explain problem and give them email, pin #, full name and ph#. Keep an eye on the private msg box for a response.

patrickpatrick

@patrickpatrick  Go look at the plans I believe the 12gb is still available for $10 more than your current plan.

@patrickpatrick wrote:

I guess I have the same problems when I go through all my data in 3 weeks and I'm trying to renew my plan ahead of the scheduled monthly renewal....

Its annoying that there's no way to just pay and start a new 30 day cycle ahead of schedule...

@patrickpatrick  To renew the same plan you must message a moderator to change to a different plan you can do that now. What plan are you on? Maybe you should go up one if you go through your data each month.

patrickpatrick

I'm basically just trying to pay for my plan (50$ 8.5G) but its not working.

Are you able to do it this morning?

patrickpatrick

I guess I have the same problems when I go through all my data in 3 weeks and I'm trying to renew my plan ahead of the scheduled monthly renewal....

Its annoying that there's no way to just pay and start a new 30 day cycle ahead of schedule...

patrickpatrick

I was on auto-pay but somehow it didnt do its thing.

So this morning I stopped auto-pay and tried to ''change my plan'' for the exact same plan but it didn't work (otherwise there's no other way to pay for it immedietly).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@patrickpatrick wrote:

Good morning,

My plan was supposed to be renewed automatically as of midnight on the night of Oct 31st / Nov 1.

It didn't work.

I'm trying to pay for it now but because I'm not changing plan it's not working.

Can anyone pay / renew my plan asap ? My account has already been topped up.

thank you so much

Pat

@patrickpatrick  Are your services working? We're you signed up for autopay? Or did you have the funds in your account? If you still have service ignore all the suspended or expired warnings. This is what everyone's account says during renewal. If you don't have service then we can troubleshoot.

Need Help? Let's chat.