cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo billing

Mira0611
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just started my $25 plan with PM and have noticed that the billing went through Koodo not through PM. My website account is working the way it should - everything there is under PM. Does anyone has an idea why it happened? Should the issue be addressed?

I would also like to mention that PM did not charge me so I was not overcharged. 
I thought that Koodo and PM have different billing departments. My husband is also with PM and his go through PM not Koodo. If that needs to be fixed who to contact.

12 REPLIES 12

Normguilb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you also receive a text when you activated your account from Koodo welcoming you to their network? I did and it freaked me out. The bars on my phone show "Public Mobile". Also my credit card bill shows "Koodo" as being paid. 

Did you get your SIM from Walmart? Wondering if that might be the connection. 

@Guspublic1  sorry.. it doesn't sound right but that is the case

it start happening around a month of two ago.  It is a fact that PM and Koodo both uses Telus system.  So, apparently, PM is using Koodo for payment system once in a while now.   

We are not sure if the Koodo payment system just "helping" out when PM system is busy (or down?  )   or it will all moved to Koodo payment system eventually  (at least on paper, on the credit card statement  🙂

Guspublic1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just joined PM for $35 plan, but my first Credit Card bill show "Koodo Top up Reapprove 9999999". Why Koodo, when i am on PM? 

Yes, i know Telus owns them all. But that still does not sound right. 

18 November, 2021

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mira0611 : Oh you activated a while ago. Thanks for the additional evidence for my theory. 🙂

Mira0611

I have checked and I have PM on my renewal. I did it at Walmart.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mira0611 wrote:

Thank you so much. Is it going to stay like that.

@Mira0611 : If you only have one of either Koodo or PM then I wouldn't worry about it. As long as it pays the right place is all that matters. But yes for your curiosity look for who the name is on your renewal. Please do report back.

PM service is run on the “Koodo Prepaid” platform so maybe that is just a quirk of the first bill when starting up a new account. I have seen this comment from other new customers. Once the account is started then maybe it is transferred to Public Mobile. Just guessing….

AE_Collector

Mira0611

Thank you so much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mira0611 

Both companies are owned by Telus For koodo and public mobile,

is normal,

but you can check it out for next month if that happend you need to check it with CSA.

Mira0611

Thank you so much. Is it going to stay like that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mira0611   don't worry about  it.  Telus owns both Koodo and PM

Looks like it just starts happen lately,  at least 2 or 3 members reported the same thing in the past week.  Maybe Telus moving some PM  processes onto Koodo system.. but not something to worry about.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mira0611 : If you're all bought and paid for I wouldn't worry about. It's all in the family. My current theory is that the activation looks like Koodo on the credit card but that autopay and manual top-ups look like PM on the credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.