cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give us new payment methods!! Recharge.com Stinks

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

With recharge.com jacking up the prices with new service fees, its time for public mobile to get serious and start adding other payment methods. Let us add you as a payee with our bank accounts or email money transfer. (Imagine how much you would save without all these credit card fees) Or if you love paying fees let us use paypal.

@Alan_K @Brooke_C @Dave_M  @David_J  @CS_Agent 

Please, I am finding it difficult to calm down people upset with credit card failures to use recharge.com as now its no longer cost effective.

We want to give you our money 🙂

38 REPLIES 38

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

While recharge has lost its price advantage.  For convenience, the nominal fee is still worthwhile.  Let's try not to use it as the go to resource for monthly payments.  

That really depends on location. Recharge.com's fee is still cheaper than the 15% tax here in NL. I just stick to my credit card as thats easier (for me) but it would be cheaper for me to use recharge.

As an example- one of my referral I help him do his payment there at his house, anytime we contact the mods because once again can't use the card, by the time we get a response I am long gone and when I come back we need to start over with this authorization stuff. Its terrible. So outside of going to the store and buying the vouchers in person recharge was the only way. I already use my credit card on enough peoples accounts I am worried about getting flagged so im not doing any more. On his 90 day plan having to make 3 recharge payments we are looking at quite an increase in his total cell phone bill cost. Its just one more thing that is working against keeping public mobile customers happy that could have an easily solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

While recharge has lost its price advantage.  For convenience, the nominal fee is still worthwhile.  Let's try not to use it as the go to resource for monthly payments.  

I would only suggest it if someone is at their last option and I would warn them there's a fee and please do rather go to a store.

But sure for that stay home in your undies in -20 weather convenience I guess. 🙂

I won't use them again. I know where to find stores that sell them and will be going by them in any 30 day period in case I need to pick one up for that next renewal.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably somebody would have the fast answer before I go looking it up...can Paypal do autopay "recurring" payments. As he tries to avoid that keyword 🙂

@Anonymous  Yes, paypal can. If you "pre-authorize" it, it can most definitly do that. It has been able to as long as I can remember

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/recurring-billing-faq

Oh there it is. Automatic payments. Jeez. Been with them since 2001. I only use it for one-off purchases. Never noticed that.

Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably somebody would have the fast answer before I go looking it up...can Paypal do autopay "recurring" payments. As he tries to avoid that keyword 🙂

@Anonymous  Yes, paypal can. If you "pre-authorize" it, it can most definitly do that. It has been able to as long as I can remember

https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/recurring-billing-faq

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably somebody would have the fast answer before I go looking it up...can Paypal do autopay "recurring" payments? As he tries to avoid that keyword 🙂

I think that most people would be happy to even just have Paypal as an option.  We already know that Public Mobile does have a Paypal account, as they will accept it for sim card purchases.  I do not know how much work would be involved with integrating that into Public Mobile's account payment systems.  If it made things less complicated for Public Mobile to implement, they could even make it so that some type of system gives the customer a voucher code.

Need Help? Let's chat.