cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card being declined by issuer, called card company, no problems

Yu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PC Financial sent me a new card and I forgot to change my autopay settings, so the old card was declined payment was attempted.  I tried to setup my new card today and every time I get the following error:

"Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I've called PC Financial twice now and they say there's nothing wrong with my card, and that charges are going through from Public Mobile.  So at this point I have no idea what's going on, can someone please help.

Edit:  Tried my wife's card, also declined on the card's end.  This doesn't seem like a credit card problem.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhySoSober wrote:

Yeah I tried to add $30 to buy 1gb of data and it says my card is declined by issuer and I called the bank and they said theres no problem at all. I really need that data right now for a job I'm at... I might have to make the switch back to telus. I really dont want to though. Any help or fix asap would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1. try 611 if you have a card registered:

2. get a voucher from a store and use either 611 or self-serve

3. get a voucher online and use either 611 or self-serve (costs a titch more than from a store so you're paying for the convenience)

WhySoSober
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah I tried to add $30 to buy 1gb of data and it says my card is declined by issuer and I called the bank and they said theres no problem at all. I really need that data right now for a job I'm at... I might have to make the switch back to telus. I really dont want to though. Any help or fix asap would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yu make sure you enter everything *exactly* the way it appears on your credit card statement, down to spacing, capitalization, punctuation, etc.  Disregard any formatting hints on the page where you're entering the credit card info.

For example, I live in suite 555 at 777 Fictional St (details have been changed to protect the innocent!)

Public Mobile page suggests I enter 555 as appartment or unit number (I forget the wording now).  However, on my credit card statement it shows up as:

555-777 Fictional St

I had to leave the appartment number box blank and typed in my street address as 555-777 Fictional St, and the system accepted it.

Worth a try.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

As well as experimenting, might as well click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET). Response is generally within few hours, but may take 24.

As future backup, consider an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Also, do not include a # of apartment or condo since the system does not accept them

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Yu, try using a different browser, use incognito mode.  There's been a number of reports of issues updating the credit card on file.  

Yu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PC Financial is the credit card I use to pay for my Public Mobile.  

All good.  Had to double check to make sure I wasn't mixing up my acronyms. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

This is a public  mobile forum.  You're talking about PC Mobile.

Are you in the wrong forum, or do you actually have PM Sim cards?

EDITED:  SORRY, please disregard this.  Eyes are playing tricks on me.

Need Help? Let's chat.