cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto pay / Renewal failure / Errors

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Ok, so I have heard some complaints about problems with auto-payment with repercussions like account suspension...

Could I prevent myself from having most of these problems by always "topping" off my account with enough money the day before its going to come out?

It will not charge my autopay credit card if the account already has sufficient funds?

7 REPLIES 7

@Susie wrote:

Well, I have been with PM for almost a year now and the autopay did not work for my June renewal, still trying to find out what happened.

Payment glitch happens from time to time. I guess i am just lucky that AutoPay never failed for me in 2+ years. 

Susie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, I have been with PM for almost a year now and the autopay did not work for my June renewal, still trying to find out what happened.

There are scary messages during the AutoPay renewal, and the advice we give is to ignore them all, unless your phone has lost the ability to be used, ie no service.

Payment generally comes out early morn8ng the day after you expect it to, and renewal process ends near noon, iToronto time.

ive stayed up many times to watch the process, and it only failed once for me, on a plan change.  It’s been reliable for nearly 24 months for me.

parents
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@RobertQc I always top up before renewal date about 3 days. It works well until now.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, that should work. It will use your account balance first if you still owe the remainder will be charged to your card (and yes you still get auto pay reward). If you are very concerned about reliability do the top up during the week so mods are available to help if something goes wrong.

I don't think that many people have issues with auto pay overall. We just see it because most people only come to the community if something isn't working so we hear about all the issues 

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You certainly could, yup. I would consider doing the top up 5-7 days prior to your renewal date just to be safe. That way you give yourself a buffer if you experience any issues. 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Hi RobertQC,

Yes to my knowledge it will not charge the autopay if you have sufficient funds in your account. I have been with PM for a couple of months now and a bunch of my friends have PM for years and I've never heard anything problematic related to autopay; not definitely account suspension. As long as the autopay is correctly setup, I am certain you won't have any problems. 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.