cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting issue

hyd108pm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my old wireline number 5 days  ago. day 1 could call out, day 2 recived calls and texts, all are working fine on my PM sim. but did not get successful transfer comfirmatiom from PM. my old wireline still can call out. day 5 wireline company call me to deactivate their service. what shout I do. 1 say yes to deactivate their service. 2 waiting PM comfirmation. please help. thanks

7 REPLIES 7

hyd108pm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks every one. I got confirmation from moderator that transfer have completed. I will contact my old provider to disconnect the service.

@Luddite wrote:

@hyd108pm PM does not send a "transfer complete" message. Their messages about success transfers only confirm your old number has been successfully linked to your PM account. 
@popping 's test is the best we have.

There is a text message that Public Mobile does send to customers about a successful phone number transfer that only gets sent after completion. However, the problem lies with the badly worded message during activation or in the self serve account saying that there has been success even though nothing has been done except sending the request to the other carrier.

@hyd108pm PM does not send a "transfer complete" message. Their messages about success transfers only confirm your old number has been successfully linked to your PM account. 
@popping 's test is the best we have.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hyd108pm 

If you can still receive calls and receive text messages today, your port is completed.

If you want to be safe, wait until you get confirmation from moderator before telling landline to disconnect. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hyd108pm wrote:

I ported my old wireline number 5 days  ago. day 1 could call out, day 2 recived calls and texts, all are working fine on my PM sim. but did not get successful transfer comfirmatiom from PM. my old wireline still can call out. day 5 wireline company call me to deactivate their service. what shout I do. 1 say yes to deactivate their service. 2 waiting PM comfirmation. please help. thanks

@hyd108pm if you can receive calls and texts from other non PM customers then your port is complete.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@hyd108pm If you can recive calls and texts, it's not a porting problem.  It may be a SIM provisional failure.  Contact the moderators and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)  or contact them directly using this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@hyd108pm wrote:

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@hyd108pm Please rech out to the Public Mobile moderator team to confirm the status of your port. Start a conversation with Simon (chat bot) by clicking HERE to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Be sure to provide as much details as possible so the bot can enter all the info needed to open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.