cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number status

vincep
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

when i or other people dail my number it promts us the we are dailing a long distance number , this was not what was coming up when i first got the number , there is some changed on my service ..can you please correct this ..i have contacted an admin about this issue 4 times now ...i need this corrected immeditely and i'm not going change my number for this  ..and ive been told that these moderators are also  the technical dept as well and nothing can be done

i've told since i have long distance plan i dont have to worry about it ..thats fine but people who dont have long distance cant contact me ..i dont think the moderators understand this 

why am i paying for a service if it is not working properly and my provider cant do any thing to fix this problem ..im very dissapointed with the service and am seriously considering about going back to chatr 

vince

55 REPLIES 55

vincep

Hahahahaha ..thanks to you all for getting my post to 25+ replies ...you guys are awesome in your special way 

chris121
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

relax buddy, all good, whatever

chris121

ok marilea i didnt realize u were a professional manner person. im a very kind and caring  perspn and would give the shirt off my back to somepne in need. now back to the matter at hand. My phone isnt working and i need my phone for work to buy new shirts to give away.  Thanks so very much for your professional advice. I really learned a lot from your professionialism. N would u have any professional advice as to how to load my pin number?  thanks so much.  Chris.

frostbite

grow up vincep.  it is cold. who has frostbite?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vincep wrote:

its my post dumb dumb 

And you'll cry if you want to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vincep wrote:

its my post dumb dumb 

And the point keeps flying over your head. If you have such complete disregard for this community other than needing the moderators...why do you keep posting?

Send private messages to the moderators for every little question/comment/complaint you might have and wait for their response in private message. No one here would be any the wiser that you did. You don't have to read posts that aren't from moderators and the community doesn't have to at minimum scan your posts. Win win.

vincep

its my post dumb dumb 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vincep wrote:

i see i cant stop all the experts from chiming in on this subject , i understand you guys dont have a life and have to give your two cents on the subject lol ...as for my attiude it is what it is 

And yet you keep posting...

vincep

i see i cant stop all the experts from chiming in on this subject , i understand you guys dont have a life and have to give your two cents on every  subject lol tipical of key board warriors and the best examples can be found at this very forum kodos to you all   ...as for my attiude it is what it is 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vincep wrote:

dont reply if you are not a Moderator shawnc13 , oh wait you'er trying to help like stoneskipper right ....both you guys have no respect of others wishes not to reply if you are not a moderator period 

Well I'll help myself to piling on to the chorus of amazed people at your attitude.

This is the support model here. Come to the community, ask a question, get an answer from fellow customers which could very well simply be to contact the moderators. Very often the fellow customers can figure out your problem quicker than waiting for a moderator. But fellow customers can't _fix_ in-depth technical system issues or money issues.

So there's my additional lack of respect for your wishes. Primarily in response to your astonishing lack of respect for others here trying to help.

Don't post here anymore and just stick with waiting for moderators in private messaging if that's what you prefer. Have at it.

vincep

dont hold your breath i've been waiting since 11 am yesterday ...still no replies 

vincep

dont reply if you are not a Moderator shawnc13 , oh wait you'er trying to help like stoneskipper right ....both you guys have no respect of others wishes not to reply if you are not a moderator period 

sudhir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to send private message? I did not get any response.

@vincep wrote:

if you would have read what was said you would have seen who was name calling first , i i dont need help from every tom **bleep** and herry . i asked he not reply anymore which stoneskipper  did not respect  , so this is also for you. And to assume i know all the prefix  that is for calgary is not 403 one of them ? dude check your facts , all you guys are doing are wasting other peoples time 

403 is an Area code and not the prefix.  As for checking facts I would have checked the numbers that were offered to me and where they are from. 

As for waiting 7 hours for a response just on my recent experience it was about a 24 hour return time from when I submitted my request.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

vincep

now can a moderator get to the issue at hand , and fix this mistake that was made by giving me a long distant Lethbridge number ? its been more then 7 hours since i asked for a moderators help and still no reply ??? 

vincep

and being called a pompous ape , is not some thing i appriciate ..i wasnt asking for his help i was already getting my info fro computergeek..if people need to jump into other peoples coversations then be an adult and not retaliate in a childnis manner 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @vincep!

We'd appreciate the conversations are handled in a professional way with the respect that everybody deserves in an interaction with the Community. As active members, all will try to help as much as possible to solve any doubts or problems you may encounter. In case of further doubts, please reach the Moderator Team in a private message.

All the best,

Mariela

vincep

if you would have read what was said you would have seen who was name calling first , i i dont need help from every tom **bleep** and herry . i asked he not reply anymore which stoneskipper  did not respect  , so this is also for you. And to assume i know all the prefix  that is for calgary is not 403 one of them ? dude check your facts , all you guys are doing are wasting other peoples time 

@vincep wrote:

Are your retarded ? is this how you ignore someone princess..dont get your panties in a bunch i get 403 numbers for free ..Now get lost 

@vincep, is this how you talk to all people that try to help you?  You have the option of not replying as well.  There have been quite a few people here that have tried to explain what was probably happening.  You asked for a 403 number you may or may not have said Calgary when you first put in the request.  The moderator gave you three option, you should have also known what prefix would be a Calgary area number and one that isn't from the City.  I don't think this is all on PM and it's moderators.  

I have seen many members come in here and start calling people names and they don't get to keep their posting privileges to long.  So how about we act as adults and don't resort to name calling.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

vincep

Are your retarded ? is this how you ignore someone princess..dont get your panties in a bunch i get 403 numbers for free ..Now get lost 

Here are vanity numbers available for 403.  There are a few available in Calgary.  Prices may not be in your.favour.

https://www.numberbarn.com/search?type=local&npa=403

vincep

sorry i hurt your feelings princess , but i was just stating facts ..and some times when you try to help you just make things worst ..

@vincep , I’ve been trying to help you.  Continue being a pompous ape, I don’t need to help you.  I was trying to be polite and helpful.  You’ve chosen to not accept my help.

im now going to ignore you.  Thanks Vince, it’s been a slice.

vincep

stonechucker i dont have to take what i get , i requested a number if it was not possible dont you think the moderator would have said so ? so lets cut out the smart asrse remarks and dont bother repling . as im already dealing with this issue with a moderator . and you are just repeating what computergeek is saying on most of your replies anyways . Dont need a pen pal 

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vincep wrote:

i only want the 403 as my area code ..dont want others ..it confuses my senior clients 

@vincep I "get it"... I am happy with (and prefer) my 403 area code that I've had since the 90s.

But most people in Calgary have gotten used to the 587 area code as well, so that's not a bad option.  And generally speaking you can't just dial 7-digits now anyway, so dialing 1-403 or 1-587 in front of the number is fairly customary.  Even my senior-aged parents are OK with this concept, and they're very change-averse.

I've kept some 403 numbers that were activated 10-20+ years ago, but I also have had to accept some 587 numbers that were activated in the last couple years.  I don't love it, but don't have much choice unless I take a number from another Southern Alberta city/town, or else port a number from somewhere.

If you log into your Self-Serve portal, click on Plan and Add-Ons, then Change Phone Number, and select AB-CALGARY as your calling area, you'll see pretty much all the numbers are 587xxxxxxx now.

EDIT: I see AB-Brooks and AB-Claresholm has some 403xxxxxxx numbers... that's not too far out from Calgary, and I believe generally treated as local (unless it's a very very old grandfathered calling plan?!).  There are other nearby towns as well, but that might be an acceptable compromise.

@vincep wrote:

not true the moderator had three sets of numbers starting with 403 for me to chose from . and what is this port over ? i just want a 403 number ..i dont want to go all over the map just for that number 

That doesn't mean that those numbers were Calgary numbers.  Your only choices really are to ask the moderators again if there are any 403 area code phones numbers, meanwhile making them understand that it must be from the city of Calgary, or to choose from the Calgary-based numbers that are available.  I've taken a look and the numbers that comes up as available for me are 587 area code.  If there are no 403 Calgary number available, your only option would be to transfer such a phone number in from another carrier.

@vincep, just pick an available Calgary number.  If there isn't a 403 listed, just take what you can get.  A 403 Calgary number *may not* be available.

825 is an area code since 2016 that applies to Calgary, and the rest of the Southern part of Alberta.

vincep

not true the moderator had three sets of numbers starting with 403 for me to chose from . and what is this port over ? i just want a 403 number ..i dont want to go all over the map just for that number 

@vincep, yet another issue caused by the usage of basically all the 403 numbers assigned to Calgary.

It's been over 3 years now that 825 area code has been in place - your customers/friends/employer/etc will get used to it.

I've lived in the '519' for ages, but almost 20 years ago, I had to get a 226 for my phone number.  It's not an issue here anymore.  I still don't know anyone with a 548 (also in this area of Southern Ontario).

@vincep wrote:

i only want the 403 as my area code ..dont want others ..it confuses my senior clients 

@vincep  Because PM is a tier 3 provider you chance of getting one is slim to none. The best  way  would be if you can port another 403 Calgary number from another source or check the Tier 1 providers for availability and if you find one signup and port it over.

Need Help? Let's chat.