cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chloezhang843
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

new phone number is not working

hi, i helped my father to active new phone number and i already paid for 9 months but still can't use it. please could you help me to check it. 

JK8
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: new phone number is not working

@chloezhang843 wrote:

hi, i helped my father to active new phone number and i already paid for 9 months but still can't use it. please could you help me to check it. 

Are you a new customer or did you get a new number in self service by choosing Change Number? Is the phone unlocked?

Try rebooting phone, reset network setting, take SIM card out and put back in, put on airplane mode for a few minutes and then take off.

Can you try the SIM card in your unlocked phone?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@chloezhang843 wrote:

@chloezhang843 Have you had a number/account that you have been paying for the past 9 months and it has never worked? Or did you deposit money to cover 9 months of service?

villellamcmeans

@chloezhang843 :Also, can you log into self serve account to see if everything all right there?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

HI @chloezhang843 ,

9 months? Whether that was intentional or not let's see what gets you working...

If the status in the SELF SERVE account is ACTIVE: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

If a SELF SERVE account was not created, you can do that here: 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

chloezhang843
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

but i already got new phone number. i think i paid based on that number. if i restart and got another one what about my previous number ? 

villellamcmeans

@chloezhang843 :No no, not restart your whole activation, restart your phone turn it off power off then on again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chloezhang843 wrote:

but i already got new phone number. i think i paid based on that number. if i restart and got another one what about my previous number ? 

Hi @chloezhang843 ,

Did you change your phone number in your SELF SERVE account, which you can do every 30 days if you wanted to.

OR

Did you activate a new SIM card...if you did this you created a new Public Mobile account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@chloezhang843 wrote:

Let's start with this: [i'll follow up with additional questions after these are answered]

1. When did you activate this service?
  2. Did you activate in a store, or online at home?
  3. Is this your first service account with Public Mobile? 
  4. Did you register a payment card for automatic payment?
  5. Which plan did you select?
  6. Do you know how to sign into the self-serve account associated with your father's account?

RosieR

@chloezhang843 wrote:

Hi @chloezhang843 ok let me see if I understand your situation.

1.  You activated your father's phone with a new number.

2.  now you want his previous number transferred to Public Mobile.

When did you activate your father's phone exactly.  If it was 9 months ago.  I am not sure you can still transfer the number as most likely the previous provider account is now closed.

What do you mean that your father's phone cannot be used?  Can you make calls and/or receive calls?  

Why did you continue to pay if your father's phone did not have service?

Please give us more information so we can help you further.

Stay safe

RosieR

Need Help? Let's chat.