cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't receive calls

jdosso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated a acatel goflip phone for my mother 24 hours ago and ported over the number from Rogers. The phone can call out but cannot receive calls. I have powered off and also removed the SIM card and put it in again but it hasn't remedied the problem.

4 REPLIES 4

@jdosso wrote:

I just activated a acatel goflip phone for my mother 24 hours ago and ported over the number from Rogers. The phone can call out but cannot receive calls. I have powered off and also removed the SIM card and put it in again but it hasn't remedied the problem.

While you're waiting for this number port to complete for Public Mobile to fix this for you after contacting them, I would suggest reinserting your Rogers sim card as it should still be working. All incoming calls and most text messages (except those from within Telus/Koodo/Public) would be going there.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jdosso wrote:

@jdosso To be able to receive calls Rogers needs to release the number to PM. That hasn't happened yet so best to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to investigate.

stpm-new.png

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It sounds like the number port is stuck.  Click on the ? and initiate a ticket to investigate the problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.