cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive only SOME phone calls

MFormosa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to Public about a week ago. Since then I have had 2 different people tell me that when they call my phone doesn't ring or go to voicemail, it is just dead. They can only get through the second or third time they try calling. This only seems to be about 25% of the time. The other 75% of the time no one has any issues getting through. What's going on? 

3 REPLIES 3

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MFormosa wrote:

I switched to Public about a week ago. Since then I have had 2 different people tell me that when they call my phone doesn't ring or go to voicemail, it is just dead. They can only get through the second or third time they try calling. This only seems to be about 25% of the time. The other 75% of the time no one has any issues getting through. What's going on? 

@MFormosa   If you have the 'do not disturb' feature enabled, as suggested by @Luddite, for sleep purposes, you should also be able to enable exceptions to that 'do not disturb' rule.  The exceptions can be specific numbers in your contacts or just your contact list.

Check to see when those calls not being received are happening and if they happen during the 'do not disturb' start period.  If that isn't the problem then you'll need to contact moderators as suggested earlier.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@MFormosa wrote:

That behaviour is typical when "do not disturb" is turned on by your phone settings.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try the lost/stolen phone trick to see if it helps.

Login your account to report your phone as lost/stolen. Turn off your phone. Wait 5 minutes. Report your phone as found. Turn on your phone again.

If this doesn't help, you can contact moderators. Click on the green question mark at the bottom right to submit a ticket to them.

Need Help? Let's chat.