cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls/texts from Freedom Mobile users

New2This
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated new number with Public Mobile a week ago and haven't been able to receive calls or texts from Freedom Mobile users (but can call/text them). This topic was covered a few years ago, but there aren't any solutions posted there that pertains to my situation. 

8 REPLIES 8

@New2This 

Maybe then contact moderator to see whether a mod can help with your situation.  

Or maybe others on the forum may have better ideas.  

Today is a kinda weird day.... signficantly more foot traffic than normal.  People getting their free gifts and signing up for the contests.....  

New2This

Thanks for the advice. I don't think I can test on another phone anytime soon, but I suspect it isn't a hardware issue as I was actually able to receive calls/text once last week from a Freedom Mobile user but same user can't get through today. 

@New2This 

Checked the specs of your phone and it should work with PM....

Maybe try the SIM card in another phone to see whether the same situation happens.  Helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue. 

If PM Service issue, you may need to contact moderator

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

New2This

an ASUS Zenfone 4 Max purchased in and brought back from 1.5 years of use in SE Asia

@New2This 

Interesting....  if it was from all mobile companies, then porting issue

Which phone model do you have?  

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Tell your friend to ditch freedom mobile and come to public mobile. I did and can't be happier / have no regrets

New2This

Yes. No problem receiving calls or texts with Telus or Rogers so far ... not sure about other providers.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@New2This 

Are you able to receive calls/texts from other mobile companies?  

Need Help? Let's chat.