cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive INCOMING CALLS only (update: probable FAULTY PM SIM CARD)

viralset
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

EDIT: I just checked on another cellphone and I'm having the same issue, as well as testing my device with another sim card and no problems.

So, by elimination, the Public Mobile sent to me must be faulty. Do I get a new one free of charge or, if I buy a new one, do I get a credit?

Hey, just activated a sim card two days ago and at the time, I selected a new phone number on the website.

I am able to make phone calls, send and receive texts but UNABLE to receive incoming calls.

I've checked my APN settings and everything seems okay.

I have an unlocked Sony Xperia ZL that I was using in Brazil. 

Thanks in advance for the assistance. 

4 REPLIES 4

viralset
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the tips, guys.

I'm already in touch with the mods buy so far, no solution... 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@viralset this sounds like an activation glitch.  If you haven't yet, please reach out to the moderator team via private message for help.  Here's all the info you need to do so and what to expect:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

A faulty sim card isn't going to cause only incoming calls to fail.  If changing to a new sim card does solve our problems, it would be because the system made some updates to the provissioning of your service when you made the swap - but not actually because a problem with the sim card itself.   More likely, there's a problem with your account.  In addition - no need to check APN settings. They are not related at all to the ability to receive phone calls.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@viralset, I suspect there was some sort of issue with your account set up.  Please send a private message to the moderator team detailing your issue and they should be able to resolve it for you.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Welcome to the service!

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.