cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to set up an account?

waynebergman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a little puzzled in setting up a new account. I want to set an account but the web site  says I need a Public Mobile phone number in order to do so.I am not a Public Mobile customer yet but I want product from this site including two plans and two sim cards.  I guess my question is which comes first? I want to have my info stored for future purchases like sim cards and I want to buy two seperate plans so I figure I register first and then move on with the questions and buying what I need. I would sure like to talk to sales rep on the phone but I am guessing we are to work through our questions on this forum? 

Any help much appreciated for the steps needed to set up an account to get me a Public Mobile phone number and plans. I need to get an old telus cell number transfered over to Public Mobile but not sure the steps to take.............Wayne

5 REPLIES 5

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's great news! Welcome to Public Mobile!

waynebergman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got it now folks and thanks. Phone is up and working!

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @waynebergman, welcome (hopefully) to Public Mobile!

You are correct PM does not have phone support so best off bringing your questions to this forum.

The first thing to do is to go ahead and order your sim cards. Once they arrive you activate them, this will create your accounts. Note that PM only allows 1 sim per account, so you will need to have 2 accounts.

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

and since you will be porting from telus, you will be required to port to a random number and then port to your original number.

this process is for telus/koodo numbers.

Once you join the community..Umm i just realized you are already a part of the community and hence have posted the message..lol :op

feel free to post more queries/questions.

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @waynebergman

Glad to see if you are keen to join PM.

Well you can open a self-serve 'my account' once you have received a PM sim card and ported your number to PM.

But meanwhile to know more about the plans, interact with PM community, you can open an account on PM community choosing a login id and password. You will be required to link an email id to open this account.

In future when you port to PM and get to open a self serve account, try to enter the same email id for the self-serve account (the one you used to open PM community account). This way all your community rewards will accrue to your PM number/self serve account.

And finally, feel free to post any questions related to PM, plans, services. Anything about PM you have a doubt about.

Cheers !

Need Help? Let's chat.