cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

@darlicious I am not sure what the problem could be.

@Thom20 can you dial *#2263# and post the screenshot? Also do another screenshot for *#0011# while you are making a call on PM.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Re: Unable to make or receive calls (but have access to text and mobile internet)

@Thom20 

Do you know anyone with PM who can put their sim in your phone to see what happens?

Thom20
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JoyLuck  This was already tested, same results.

@sheytoon Here's the service mode screens: (I took a few during the call cause a couple things changed on it, wasn't sure which info was relevant)

Screenshot_20201107-213130_Service mode RIL.jpgScreenshot_20201107-213442_Service mode RIL.jpgScreenshot_20201107-213424_Service mode RIL.jpgScreenshot_20201107-213416_Service mode RIL.jpgScreenshot_20201107-213213_Service mode RIL.jpg

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Everything looks good. You're on B5 UMTS with a good signal. I don't see why your calls would be dropping.

Random shot in the dark... On the *#2263# menu, can you go to WCDMA band preference, deselect 850, press menu button (top right 3 dots), back, then apply changes. Then make a call, it should use UMTS B2 (1900). Any difference in behaviour? I doubt it, but worth a shot.

Thom20

@sheytoon When I do that the calls don't make a connection at all. It stays stuck on calling and eventually closes the dialer. Here are screen shots from it.

Screenshot_20201107-225128_Service mode RIL.jpgScreenshot_20201107-225107_Service mode RIL.jpg

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Ok that's weird. Are you able to make voice calls on Telus on 3G? You have to disable VoLTE. Telus and PM 3G should behave the same way.

Another question... Where did you buy this phone from?

Gregmt

Have you tried your wife's SIM card in your phone that will not make or receive calls? I would try that. If still the same issue, then it would appear as if the issue is with your phone. 

Cheers.

Thom20

@Gregmt This was already done. I know it's a phone problem not a SIM problem.

@sheytoon I think I have these setting correctly, but for the sake of consistency I took a screen of radio switcher just in case. I haven't found the VoLTE option anywhere on the phone but by the looks of the radio switcher it is disabled?

Anyway the same problem persists it doesn't even get to connect, the dialer closes before getting through. Though if I'm using the wrong settings there let me know I'll try again.

The phone is my brothers old phone.

(edit forgot to add photos)

Screenshot_20201108-092808_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20201108-094924_Service mode RIL.jpg

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

I don't know if sheytoon might be interested but do you have the rest of the screen of Radio Switcher? I suppose it's possible that other stuff shows up depending on preferred network type. I have LTE/UMTS auto (PRL).

I also have a switch called Enable DSDS on under a line under EAB/Presence. Whatever all those are 🙂

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Thom20 I'm glad I went from an S7 to an S9. Have you heard of any other S8's that are experiencing this?

Need Help? Let's chat.