cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking monthly data

wja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM is working well for me but I would like notifications when I'm close to data overage. Also is the data usage period the same as my billing period (eg. Oct 5-Nov5)?

9 REPLIES 9

@RocketMan wrote:

In Android settings, your data usage is tracked and it's been really accurate.  You can identify your bill period and set an arbitrary notification threshold.

There's also something called a data limit and if your data usage gets to that limit, mobile data is automatically cut off.  I set that limit below my PM cap so if I accidentally burn all my data on Netflix, I still have enough data for all my essentials to get to my next cycle.

The built in data tracker is good.  Unfortunately it's onon month intervals, not 30 days.  The data witness app is the best solution. 

RocketMan

In Android settings, your data usage is tracked and it's been really accurate.  You can identify your bill period and set an arbitrary notification threshold.

There's also something called a data limit and if your data usage gets to that limit, mobile data is automatically cut off.  I set that limit below my PM cap so if I accidentally burn all my data on Netflix, I still have enough data for all my essentials to get to my next cycle.

@wja wrote:

Ha! Didn't realize as I tend to go by subject and don't use the community often. Problem solved!

@wjaIt's all good 🙂 Happy to have solved it so fast for you. I didn't mean anything negative, its just if I noticed it, I imagine to anyone else it would look too convenient and maybe I was trying to cheat and game the system or something. We just had a lot of problems very recently (talking hours ago) with 1 user making 4 accounts that got banned so I wanted to publicly say it outloud that I had also realized it.

Darn you @Anonymous lol your PM

wja

Ha! Didn't realize as I tend to go by subject and don't use the community often. Problem solved!

@wjaI got a notification popup that you bravoed an old post of mine from 3 weeks ago. I clicked your username since I didn't recognize it and saw only one post made right NOW... so of course I responded but I don't understand how you joined months ago and found ancient post then gave only me a bravo then within 1 minute made a question post which I happened to get the solution for immediately. It seems almost impossible odds.

If it didn't just happen to me and I saw this to anyone else I would say it seems really suspicious with glaring eyes... but I am going to go with EXTREMELY COINCIDENTAL and thank you for the bravo and solution.

@wja wrote:

Thanks - now they seem like silly questions guess I'll have to get close to the limit to receive notification;)

@wjaYour phone should also have built in data tracker app, it probably won't be accurate as public mobile is 30/90 days and your phone is monthly but you can adjust it to your renewal day each period or download an app called data witness

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA

its free for PM subscribers

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wja wrote:

PM is working well for me but I would like notifications when I'm close to data overage. Also is the data usage period the same as my billing period (eg. Oct 5-Nov5)?

PM will send you data usage alert text message at 75% and 95% usage level.

PM billing period is 30 days cycle.  Since October has 31 days, your next renewal date is Nov 4.  A few days before your next renewal date, PM will send you a text message about the renewal date.

wja

Thanks - now they seem like silly questions guess I'll have to get close to the limit to receive notification;)

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@wja wrote:

@wjaThere is no data overage. This is the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. Once you run out of data you no longer have data. This is pre-paid. You can never be charged for more. You can never use more than you purchase.

There are never any extra charges ever.

PM will send you text messages at 75%? and 95%? I believe

Also, your data usage period is the same as your billion period yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.