cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from PM about SIM activation after I've activated.

wazadooba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all, just set up my account, activated my SIM, and trasferred my old phone number online today. So far so good and everything's working. But I just got a text from PM as follows: "To complete your request to move to PM go to publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form...." Is this a mistake? There's no "Contact us" link on that page. I don't know how to get to the form, I feel like I already filled it when I registered. My old number works fine on PM.

• If it's not a mistake, what do I do? 
  • If it's a mistake, do I log a bug somewhere?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

wazadooba

Update: had a new text from PM "your transfer request has been completed successfully". Thanks for your help and suggestions! Anyway, maybe this'll help somebody who searches on the msg text ....

@wazadooba if everything works on the phone I wouldn't worry about the text u got!  Check your account again later to see

wazadooba

I can make and receive calls, so mayby it's a false alarm. 

When I login in and click on [Plan and Add-Ons] tab, I get the error 

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

... which just puts me in a loop. So I dunno.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wazadooba 

To test your number port status:

If PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Can you receive text or calls?

If no, you may have a stuck port.  The message from PM was asking to contact them to provide more info.

Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@wazadooba wrote:

Hi all, just set up my account, activated my SIM, and trasferred my old phone number online today. So far so good and everything's working. But I just got a text from PM as follows: "To complete your request to move to PM go to publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form...." Is this a mistake? There's no "Contact us" link on that page. I don't know how to get to the form, I feel like I already filled it when I registered. My old number works fine on PM.

• If it's not a mistake, what do I do? 
  • If it's a mistake, do I log a bug somewhere?

Thanks

If everything is working and looks in order then you can ignore that message, which I believe is erroneous.  Also welcome to PM:)

GR
Mayor / Maire

@wazadooba thats the message when they can't complete the port!  Get someone to call your phone and if it doesn't ring it means the port isn't completed.  If that's the case click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and message the moderator_team that the port is stuck and they'll get back to you hopefully tonight but if not probably tomorrow 

Need Help? Let's chat.