cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Koodoo

cdgunder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just activated my public mobile sim. Can someone help me switch my number from Koodoo/close my account with them?

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@meocon wrote:

my friends have Koodo tab not postpaid & email address is the same

FYI, you can only have a Tab on postpaid accounts; you cannot have a Tab on prepaid accounts. Woman Wink Please, read this: click here

Hey folks, 

Numbers from koodo postpaid can be directly ported in through self-serve regardless of the same email or not. It usually takes a couple of minutes to complete. However, if you are on koodo prepaid, you need to get in touch with the moderator team to avoid any potential issues. 

meocon

@SD08 my friends have Koodo tab not postpaid & email address is the same

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@meocon wrote:

@LEGO Sorry LEGO I don't agree with your statement "

Since Public Mobile use the same system has PC Mobile and Koodo prepaid, any ports coming from them cannot be completed through the Self-Serve portal or activation form, it has to be done directly by Moderator_Team.

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!" as my friends ported Koodo numbers to PM by themself via self-serve no need to contact MODS.

@meocon

Actually, @LEGO is correct, according to the moderators.

Moderator Mary_M has previously confirmed that ports from Koodo PREpaid require their intervention.  The issue involves account access after the port because the two services share the same platform, as noted by moderator Shazia_K here.  At minimum, the customer should initially use a different e-mail address with PM than the one they have with their Koodo prepaid service, though that may not be the sole issue complicating Koodo ports.  Although their posts don't mention it, a knowledgeable Oracle indicates here that Telus PREpaid and PC Mobile POSTpaid fall into the same boat.

If your friends ported from Koodo without assistance, perhaps they came from Koodo postpaid, or used different e-mail addresses than the one used at their previous carrier?

cdgunder

@meocon This worked perfectly. The moderator also told me to do these steps. 

Thank you!

MacMe

@meocon wrote:

as my friends ported Koodo numbers to PM by themself via self-serve no need to contact MODS.

From what I've read in other threads, regular Koodo numbers can be ported over through self serve.  But Koodo prepaid numbers need mod support.

meocon

@LEGO Sorry LEGO I don't agree with your statement "

Since Public Mobile use the same system has PC Mobile and Koodo prepaid, any ports coming from them cannot be completed through the Self-Serve portal or activation form, it has to be done directly by Moderator_Team.

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!" as my friends ported Koodo numbers to PM by themself via self-serve no need to contact MODS.

meocon

@cdgunder You need to create an account with Public Mobile first and then sign in to your self-serve and choose change number, you'll see transfer a wireless or wireline from Public Mobile or another provider, and then you put your Koodo phone number and follow step, make sure you know your Koodo PIN.

cdgunder

Thanks @LEGO!

LEGO

@cdgunder Since Public Mobile use the same system has PC Mobile and Koodo prepaid, any ports coming from them cannot be completed through the Self-Serve portal or activation form, it has to be done directly by Moderator_Team.

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.