cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported from Koodo - But Phone Number Did Not Transfer?

PoweredByPho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all,

Ported from Koodo last night successfully. Service deactivated on Koodo sim and activated on PM.

However, my number showing on my outgoing calls are my Public Mobile number, and not the Koodo number ported over. Additionally, when anyone calls or texts my ported Koodo number, there is no service.

Anyone know what's going on here? I sent a support email and a private message to one of the mods asking for assistance. No luck yet so far.

5 REPLIES 5

clavije

hi, i read somewhere in this community that to port from koodo you have to contact a moderator to finalized it

hope this helps

PoweredByPho

Thanks everyone for your responses, but so far no replies or contact yet. I know PM and the mods are busy and doing the best they can to respond to everyone, but not being able to receive incoming calls on my old number is pretty crippling for me (buzzer codes for building etc. are linked to the old number).

I just wish there was a way to fix it myself or a work around where I could've forwarded my calls to this public mobile # in the meantime.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm, it could just be that the port hasn't completed yet. If the port doesn't automatically go through it usually means that it needs to be manually pushed. If it's on Koodo's side, your service might start suddenly working when that happens. If it's on PM's side, then Pier is right, you'll have to contact one of the moderators to help you. No harm in sending a private message now, as it may take awhile to get a response. Hopefully in the meantime, your port completes.

eazybelle

You may have to wait a bit longer (usually up to 24 hours) for the port to be fully complete. Incoming calls and texts take longer to work after the port.

In the case, it doesn't work. I would take @Pier advice and contact the mods.

Good luck!

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @PoweredByPho,

WElcome on board as well as to the community. Send a private message to @Shazia_K or @Mary_M and one will finalize the process for you. Enjoy your service.....

Yours,

Need Help? Let's chat.