cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim Not working

Hello,

Yesterday I activated the SIM card, but it didnt work. I cant call, message etc

Please help

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sim Not working


@kulainur wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday I activated the SIM card, but it didnt work. I cant call, message etc

Please help


Did you check to make sure your phone is compatible with PubliC Mobile. Click Get Started at top of page and scoll down to Start Checking.

 

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Sim Not working

@kulainur  was a self serve account created? Ie can you log in?

Did you get any emails from public mobile about activation?

 

What phone are you using? Is it possible it is not compatible?

 

If you try to activate the sim again does it say invalid sim? Ie the activation process was not complete. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Sim Not working

Account created, email received.

Phone is Lenova

My friend got referal from me

But i cant call ar receive calls

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sim Not working


@kulainur wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday I activated the SIM card, but it didnt work. I cant call, message etc

Please help


Login to your self-serve account.

Is your account status active?

If active, try your PM SIM with another phone from your friend or family.  I want to isolate whether your problem is due to phone or PM service issue.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sim Not working


@kulainur wrote:

Account created, email received.

Phone is Lenova

My friend got referal from me

But i cant call ar receive calls


When you log into My Account, does is say your plan is ACTIVE ? Did you follow direction to check your phone is compatible ? Is you phone locked to previous cell provider ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sim Not working


@kulainur wrote:

Account created, email received.

Phone is Lenova

My friend got referal from me

But i cant call ar receive calls


Which model Lenova phone are you using?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Sim Not working


@kulainur wrote:

Account created, email received.

Phone is Lenova

My friend got referal from me

But i cant call ar receive calls


@kulainur  Best to test the sim in another phone. If it works Thein your phone is not compatible.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Sim Not working

When checking you online.  Does your SIM show active?

 

It could be due to your phone.

 

I recommend that you try your SIM in a friend's phone or try your friend's SIM in your phone.  If they're on Telus/Koodo/PM; it'll tell you that your phone is compatible with the Telus network (PM operates on Telus' network).

 

If swapping works for both of you, then it could be that your SIM was not inserted properly.

 

Good Luck!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Sim Not working


@Dogbert wrote:

When checking you online.  Does your SIM show active?

 

It could be due to your phone.

 

I recommend that you try your SIM in a friend's phone or try your friend's SIM in your phone.  If they're on Telus/Koodo/PM; it'll tell you that your phone is compatible with the Telus network (PM operates on Telus' network).

 

If swapping works for both of you, then it could be that your SIM was not inserted properly.

 

Good Luck!


There an echo?  What did popping say 3 hours before you?

Need Help? Let's chat.