cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming and service

Chanci
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I am considering wishing to public mobile however I just spoke with a Rogers agent who told me many people are leaving for two reasons 

1- they are being charged roaming fees when they leave their region (but are still in Canada) 

2 - the coverage is poor unless your in the town where you're  registered.

Is this true. 

5 REPLIES 5

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

As said by others, not true at all. PM do not charge any Roaming fee. They only offer roaming to USA so it's up to you if you want to pay for roaming add-ons or not. Coverage wide, Telus/Bell network is somewhat better than Rogers at least that is what i have experienced out in the West. For better view, have a look at the PM's coverage map.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chanci There will be no roaming charge for sure. Because when you cross the border, the phone won't work. 

Reception: you can check the coverage area of PM that is the same with Telus network. 

You better consider what kinds of services that you are looking for in the meantime. I am happy about what I am paying for. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Chanci wrote:

Hi. I am considering wishing to public mobile however I just spoke with a Rogers agent who told me many people are leaving for two reasons 

1- they are being charged roaming fees when they leave their region (but are still in Canada) ...With Public Mobile..you can make unlimited calls to anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada with the $25 plan or better....no additional roaming fees at all.

2 - the coverage is poor unless your in the town where you're  registered...The Public Mobile network is the exact same service as Telus...wherever Telus works, PM works too.

Is this true. 

I've used PM from Vancouver to Windsor Ont without any complaints. The only "roaming fees" are the 10 Day US Roaming add-on (to your base plan) for use whilst travelling in US.

Now is a great time to switch eh. You gonna wonder why you didn't come aboard earlier !

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Chanci wrote:

1- they are being charged roaming fees when they leave their region (but are still in Canada) 

2 - the coverage is poor unless your in the town where you're  registered.

Is this true. 

@Chanci  Sounds like someone is giving you a lot of misinformation.  As @GR  has said with PM being prepaid, you never have to worry about overages.  No issues with nationwide service seeing as Telus is the parent company of PM.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Chanci that is not true at all!  Public mobile is prepaid so you can not be charged more per month than what your plan is and its Canada wide so it works on the telus/bell network all across Canada no matter where you're registered!  Now's the time to switch with the black Friday deals!  Don't forget a refferal code to get a 10$ credit on your new activation if you decide to switch 

Need Help? Let's chat.