cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing a tag in community?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

How do I remove this tag ? It's not my post but its my tag.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/tag/hh/tg-p/board-id/Rewards

which is from here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/why-i-can-not-get-the-friend-reward/m-p/32298...

I noticed the "add tag" button so I clicked it, and just typed hh in to see what happens. I didn't realize you could add tags to other peoples posts (or even my own lol). I have never used tags before or know how they are actually used, what benifit there could be here when the search engine already searches all words in the topic. Maybe I am missing something.

But my point of this, is to ask, how do I remove the tag I made on someone elses post?

8 REPLIES 8

@mimmo, that missing - is why I never find them...  I keep forgetting to omit the hyphen.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc I only get 50.  You have to search as one word without the -

PS I might edit this post later adding a " -" to every mention of that specific tag.  

Everytime the tag is used it will be seen in results. To  keep its effectiveness I always reference it with a - 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I put one or two in my 611 IVR post for that reason.

@Luddite wrote:

@RobertQc In theory tags can create common themes not necessarily mentioned in threads' topics.

I use it to aggregate solutions I like by creating personal tags; you can see an example by searching PMGUIDE.

Only took me 3 years to discover a use for "tags"! Robot LOL

@Luddite So I don't have to feel bad being here for 1 year and not understanding how it works yet. Cool I tried searching PMGUIDE. I could see that being pretty helpful

@mimmo wrote:

It adds an additional search field that might not be in the post. I added pm-guide tag without the - to some of my favourite posts . Ie search "solution pm-guide"  again without the -

@mimmo That one too, pm-guide brings up over 600 results. Maybe someone with editing access can start copying these gold mine guides to the knowledge base. There is so many professionally written guides by using pm-guide and pmguide.

Thanks all. I get it now.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc In theory tags can create common themes not necessarily mentioned in threads' topics.

I use it to aggregate solutions I like by creating personal tags; you can see an example by searching PMGUIDE.

Only took me 3 years to discover a use for "tags"! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Anonymous wrote:

My Settings/Tagging/Tags.

@AnonymousHaha, thanks. I was was going in a circle between the links and from my public profile back to tag and hovering my mouse everywhere near every reference to the tag. I even tried making a tag on my own post and it gave me the option to remove it by clicking edit on the post, then removing the tag. I thought maybe there was a limitation if it was someone elses post and after a bit of searching didn't see anyone mention this which is why I posted this topic.

I should familiarize myself with "my settings" page again, since I obviously do not know everything that is there, I would not have expected this to be there. It's technically not a "setting"

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It adds an additional search field that might not be in the post. I added pm-guide tag without the - to some of my favourite posts . Ie search "solution pm-guide"  again without the -

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Settings/Tagging/Tags.

Need Help? Let's chat.